Author Topic: Question on my mess up?  (Read 2775 times)

Offline crooketarrow

Re: Question on my mess up?
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2011, 04:45:42 pm »
   I don't see why you could'nt tiller it on out if you wish to.
  I never heard of your problem, never add sinew or heard of it not adding it'd own reflex.
  Everytime I sinewed a bow I perpeared the back as if I was'nt adding sinew (CHASED A RING). And the shape of the back as what I added the sinew to. I realize you don't chase a ring with YEW. On these types of woods I use the back right under the bark. No need to file it flat to add siinew just add like it is.
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2011, 07:41:01 pm »
George I used Tb hide glue

crook I just didnt see any reason to get it bending to much as it will be a wall hanger but as is she can display it braced or unbraced, also not sure why I flatened the back, just seemed like the thing to do at the time. Thanks again guys for the info. Even though I dont know exsactly why or how this was caused I am guessing it was a freak accident and hope it wont happen on the next one I attemp. Thanks again!

Josh
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Josh Vance  Netarts OR. (Tillamook)

Offline Silent Bear

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2011, 04:25:21 am »
nice looking bow im sure you grandpa will be very proud of you. Did you pre bend the wood before sinewing to add reflex ? The only possibilty I could think of is the wood was pre bent before sinewing and then went back to its original shape in the 2 weeks you let it dry

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2011, 05:48:10 am »
 I think it is awsome pure and simple. Enjoyed the video  ;) the arrows were cool as well.im shure that they will be desplayd with much pride!!!it would be sweet to make meat with them first >:D
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...