Author Topic: Yew wood FS in Sandy Oregon  (Read 2730 times)

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
Yew wood FS in Sandy Oregon
« on: June 28, 2011, 02:29:10 pm »
Its not allot but looks like there is some half way decent Yew wood for sale $15 in Sandy Oregon check it out looks like you could get some spliced bows and there is a 6" piece too just wanted to throw that out there ;D  http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/for/2466280382.html   The way I see it if you could get one bow its worth 15 dollars ;D

Got to thinking if its against the rules to post this please let me know ill remove it, its not mine just saw it on craigslist and figured I would share it.

Josh
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 02:43:35 pm by Elktracker »
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Josh Vance  Netarts OR. (Tillamook)

Offline Blacktail

Re: Yew wood FS in Sandy Oregon
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 03:29:14 pm »
that sounds great..i wonder if its checked..maybe it could be used with a backing..john

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 03:32:46 pm »
Im sure it has some end checking but with the bark on im betting its not checked not sure though. if I lived closer I would take it off his hands ;D
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Offline Weylin

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2011, 01:00:51 am »
I sent him an email. heck for 15$ I'll check it out...

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2011, 01:07:51 am »
COOL!

Offline Weylin

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2011, 02:08:53 am »
thanks for the tip!

Offline Weylin

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2011, 02:34:39 am »
So, I went out there and bought it off him tonight. They have a huge Yew tree in their front yard and these were branches that were pruned off of it last year. I took an 8 1/2', a 6 ' and two 4' logs. They vary from 3-5" in diameter. I'll post some pics in a new thread as I'd like some advice on my next step with them. thanks again for the tip, Elktracker. I figure that $15 and 40 minutes of driving were worth the gamble even if they aren't useable.

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2011, 02:38:39 am »
Its well worth it and even if they are less than perfect you will get a bow or two out of them. Glad you got them   ;D look forward to more pics