Author Topic: Pics for Marius  (Read 37122 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Pics for Marius
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2007, 05:36:14 am »
Them are some good pictures,I don't know if I have any like that.They can't use them ?
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Dustybaer

« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2007, 05:48:01 am »
i'm afraid not.  most of these are around 100 KB.  ed ingold wanted them around 1 MB.  i guess the resolution is not good enough for print media.

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2007, 02:10:39 pm »
ed ingold wanted them around 1 MB.  i guess the resolution is not good enough for print media.

Hmm....Marius, I wouldn't think they would want good resolution pics of you in PA! ;D ;D ;D
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2007, 02:39:59 pm »
 Marie or Sarah should have pics also. Check with them.    Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2007, 04:03:07 pm »
I talked with Ed Ingold the editor on Wednesday.  He wants pictures for Marius's story.  I will have to check to see what I have.  I didn't take too many this year.  I have 4 years worth and we could show GregB's and Pappy's age progression...but Lennie took pics.  He needs higher resolution than you are able to post and he wants as many as possible so he can choose.  He doesn't want them compressed (I think that is the term)
I will send what I have but Justin took some I just don't know if he lowered the resolution on his camera. He needs them soon as possible...Anyone?
Even if you just have one or two send them via email to editor@primtivearcher.com and note on there Tenn. Classic for Marius's story.
You shouldn't grow a wishbone where your backbone should be.

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2007, 06:28:57 pm »
I keep trying to send them, but I keep getting a failure code.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2007, 10:50:25 pm »
Marius, I have about 50 pics of the Classic, including the originals of several of mine that you just posted, but they're all 640x480, not many much over 200mb. I usually keep my camera set on a higher resolution, but it got switched somehow down there. I'll send some of the biggest files, and see if they can do anything with 'em.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Dustybaer

« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2007, 04:50:59 am »
my thanks to all of you.  your willingness to help is just a continuation of my wonderful experiences in tennessee.

Offline DanaM

« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2007, 05:08:21 am »
Marius I captured 2 of the pics from this thread and enlarged them to 1640x1230 pixels and 350 dpi. I don't know
how well this works they look fine on my computer screen but don't know how well they will print. Want me to e-mail them to ya
or to to the editor? If this works I would be happy to do them all for ya.
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Dustybaer

« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2007, 05:13:26 am »
thanks dana.  i would appreciate it, if you could send them to ed, to see if he can use them.  thanks again.  by the way, shouldn't you be in bed right now?  ;D

Offline DanaM

« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2007, 05:16:26 am »
Yes I should be in bed but I'm a lousy sleeper don't have to be to work for 3 hours yet >:(
If Ed can use them you can e-mail what you want fixed and I will enlarge them ok.
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2007, 10:34:31 am »
OK Marius, I finally got them loaded onto the web so they can look through them all.  78 pictures at 2.5-3.5 MB.  They can sort through and pick what they want.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline DanaM

« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2007, 08:30:40 pm »
Marius I sent the resized pics to Ed , he said they would work. I will PM you my e-mail send all ya want and I will fix em ok

Manistique, MI

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2007, 09:19:19 pm »
Dana, I'll send some of my best ones if you can work your magic on them. I've got photoshop, but I haven't been able to upsize pics with much success qualitywise.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Dustybaer

« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2007, 03:04:45 am »
y'all are awesome.