Linked Events

• Patty's Camp-O-Rama: July 22, 2011 - July 24, 2011

Author Topic: Patty's Camp-O-Rama  (Read 19958 times)

JustinNC

Re: Patty's Camp-O-Rama
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2011, 11:03:51 am »
Bryan said she was yard selling Saturday.

I sure can't wait to get into that Gatorade again  ;)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2011, 01:38:35 pm »
OK guys here are directions from downtown Brevard, top of courthouse hill.  Take a left on Hwy 276 towards Greenville, SC and go 4 miles to a right on Island Ford Rd(look for Mud Dobbers Pottery Shop on left). Out Island Ford Rd for 2 miles to a left on Walnut Hollow Rd(just past Island Ford Body Shop on rt). Out Walnut Hollow for just over 3 miles to a left on Carson Creek Rd. then out Carson Creek for just over 1 mile(go under overpass and down the hill) to a right on Calico Lake Dr. We are the second driveway(gravel) on the left on Calico Lake Dr.
  I will have directional signs at the bottom of Carson Creek Rd, Calico Lake Dr and at my driveway.
  My home phone # is 828-884-6205 and my cell is 828-507-8603
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Woodland Roamer

« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2011, 09:10:41 pm »
Hey Pat, it doesn't look like I can make it this year  :'( Happy birthday to you and I hope you all have a great time!

Alan
Alan Shook-Taylorsville NC

Bring back the Stone Age!

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2011, 01:07:28 am »
Pat, we'll be there Friday afternoon if nothing happens. Save us a copperhead and a yallerjacket nest to put the tent on. ;D Talked to Barry yesterday and he'll be there.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2011, 02:46:04 am »
Sorry you won't be here Alan. We'll miss ya! Maybe next year!  8)
  Steve, glad to here y'all are coming. I haven't seen you around much lately. I was gonna call Barry but hadn't yet. Glad you did! Lil Pat will be there Saturday.  8) 
  I found a big yellowjacket nest right next to the fire pit this evening. I sprayed it once but ran out of spray. Getting more cans tomorrow!  ;) Haven't seen any copperheads but the chiggers are awaiting your arrival!  ;)   
  I got one tarp almost up this evening. Yellowjackets prevented the finish. Will get the other tarp up tomorrow and do a scouting trip for other YJ nests! Outhouse will be here by mid day tomorrow so whenever anyone wants to come, we're ready...I guess!  ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2011, 02:13:32 pm »
The tarps are up, the portable outhouse has arrived and is set up so let the good times roll!  8)

JustinNC

« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2011, 02:19:42 pm »
Sorry you won't be here Alan. We'll miss ya! Maybe next year!  8)
  Steve, glad to here y'all are coming. I haven't seen you around much lately. I was gonna call Barry but hadn't yet. Glad you did! Lil Pat will be there Saturday.  8) 
  I found a big yellowjacket nest right next to the fire pit this evening. I sprayed it once but ran out of spray. Getting more cans tomorrow!  ;) Haven't seen any copperheads but the chiggers are awaiting your arrival!  ;)   
  I got one tarp almost up this evening. Yellowjackets prevented the finish. Will get the other tarp up tomorrow and do a scouting trip for other YJ nests! Outhouse will be here by mid day tomorrow so whenever anyone wants to come, we're ready...I guess!  ;D

One trip around with the mower or bush hog oughta do the trick ;)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2011, 03:10:03 pm »
Justin. I did that last week. Ran over this nest twice and the never swarmed. Yesterday while driving stakes for the tarp they decided to swarm right behind me. Fortunately for me they never got me...but I got them!  >:D

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2011, 03:41:18 pm »
These are the signs I'll put out today.  One will be at the bottom of Carson Creek Rd. one at the enterence to Calico Lake Dr and one on my Driveway.

Offline cracker

« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2011, 03:52:33 pm »
Dang Pat I wish I had some vacation time left. You done flung a cravin on me. Even though it's awful hot. Maybe you could move you're birthday to the winter time.Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2011, 07:03:01 pm »
Ronnie, wish you could come. It's gonna be hot here (89 to 91) but not as hot as you guys. The midlands are pretty close to hell in the summer!  ;)

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2011, 07:40:56 pm »
Have a great weekend Pat.  And pull my name out of the hat tonight will you....LOL.  Stafe safe and drink plenty of liquids....like that ain't gonna happen ;)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2011, 08:30:12 pm »
 Happy Birthday, Pat. Ya'll tell Barry I said Hi. Steve, see you at the end of the month. Ronnie, it won't be that hot, when Hillbily gets there it will start raining. Ya' notice he wasn't at the Classic last year? ;) 8)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
  • Sorry Officer, I was just gathering "materials".
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2011, 08:44:35 pm »
Dang.  Too far away.
Any critter tastes good with enough butter on it.

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas
Youtube: JackCrafty, Allergic Hobbit, Patrick Blank

Where's Rock? Public Waterways, Road Cuts, Landscape Supply, Knap-Ins.
How to Cook It?  200° for 24hrs then 275° to 500° for 4hrs (depending on type), Cool for 12hr

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2011, 09:09:16 pm »
Happy Birthday, Pat. Ya'll tell Barry I said Hi. Steve, see you at the end of the month. Ronnie, it won't be that hot, when Hillbily gets there it will start raining. Ya' notice he wasn't at the Classic last year? ;) 8)

Don't forget the golf-ball sized hail, continuous lightning, and 60mph wind gusts. :) I hope my rainmaking ability holds up for next weekend-we could use some to bring the hogs out. Just not quite as much rain as I brought with me that one time we went down in December..........;D
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.