Author Topic: Montana Wildlife  (Read 12237 times)

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
Re: Montana Wildlife
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2007, 10:00:04 pm »
I want to use my predator calls to call one in on the ground and shoot it with my bow.  I cant get anybody to go film it for me.   Justin
I'll film it for you. From a tree stand. With a Ruger Redhawk in one hand and a camera in the other. ;D Actually I know one guy who killed a bear by beating it over the head with a rock (It was killing his favorite bear dog and he couldn't shoot without hitting the dog too, so he picked up a rock and waded in on it-pretty ballsy if you've ever been near a dog-and-bear fight, not exactly a relaxing area to be in lol), and another guy who beat one to death with a big stick. :o
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2007, 10:32:08 pm »
It's no fun wading in amongst dogs and a big boar in the dark.I think I'll pass on the bear and dogs,I hate dogs that bark anyway.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2007, 10:40:13 pm »
My friend waded in on a dog-lion fight to kick a lion off a dog.  I would have at least used the shotgun barrel to beat it. 
Eddie, my dogs don't bark until they have their teeth IN.  Otherwise they are silent.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2007, 10:42:51 pm »
 Ok Justin.............Let me get this straight ! Ya want ta shoot a grizzly with a bow from the ground and no one will film it fer ya  from the ground ? :o If this is so may I suggest psyc........ ahh ferget it ! Nice know ya bro' :'( :'( ;D ;D "dinners on!"......bob

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2007, 10:45:14 pm »
I'm like Hillbilly,I have a Super Redhawk too.Nice for close work,your friend has some cajones.Good dogs,when we are after hogs the dogs can't read the no trespassing signs.Better to get in and out without any noise.You stop the squealing with ductape.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2007, 11:29:23 pm »
Ok Justin.............Let me get this straight ! Ya want ta shoot a grizzly with a bow from the ground and no one will film it fer ya  from the ground ? :o If this is so may I suggest psyc........ ahh ferget it ! Nice know ya bro' :'( :'( ;D ;D "dinners on!"......bob
This comming from a guy that wants to belly crawl on a buff.  ??? Guess this is the nut house around here.  The only difference is if you get ate or trampled and left in the dirt.  ;D Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2007, 11:51:27 pm »
                        I hesitate ta inform ya of this but huntin' buff an grizzly are 2 different things ! ;) Buff dont see ya as food, grizzlies do! Buff are herbivores, grizzlies are carnivores! Buff won't charge ya unless ya are threatin' his status with the herd especially herd bulls. A male buff will charge an try ta hook or trample ya, ifn he misses he dosent persist, grizzlies do persist. Buff wont track ya, a hungry or angry or wounded grizzly will. What is it "cowboy" says, "Endeavor ta persevere"(from ballard of Josie Whales") Never said I was completely sane or not "touched" in head a little. I would rather be trampled than chewed on by a grizzly, then buried  if still alive and dug up an eaten some more. Like I said "dinners on" ;D. Gotta admit I respect ya willingness to hunt what can hunt ya. ;) ;D.......bob

Offline jpitts

« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2007, 12:30:45 am »
Gotta admit I respect ya willingness to hunt what can hunt ya. ;) ;D.......bob
Amen Bob. ....you ain't at the top of the food chain up there....Only thing we have to contend with around here are wild dogs. They can get interesting sometimes too.
Jimmy / Dallas, Georgia

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2007, 01:45:39 am »
Yes Bob, I am planning on using his hunger to do him in.  I want to play the dinner bell and get him when he comes.   ;D  Justin

SW Utah