Author Topic: Apology (MORE Info)  (Read 3949 times)

Offline hillbilly61

• Fly straight and true
Apology (MORE Info)
« on: June 24, 2011, 09:12:00 pm »
 I have to make an apology to everone. The short (48" t2t) Osage bow that I posted last, was only 37# 26"  :-[ Some how my scale went bad and is reading 5# heavy. Don't know what caused it, but I checked it against my bathroom scale and my digital. I feel bad for posting the inaccurate info.. Maybe I'll make up a few 370 grain arrows and re flight test.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 04:55:15 pm by hillbilly61 »
I will say of the Lord,"He is my refuge and my fortress;
  My God, in Him I will trust."  Psalm 91:2

Offline JonW

Re: Apology
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 09:26:21 pm »
I don't think you will be punished toooo badly ;). Some times things happen that are beyond our control. No worries.

Offline CraigMBeckett

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 09:30:43 pm »
I have to make an apology to everone. The short (48" t2t) Osage bow that I posted last, was only 37# 26"  :-[ Some how my scale went bad and is reading 5# heavy. Don't know what caused it, but I checked it against my bathroom scale and my digital. I feel bad for posting the inaccurate info.. Maybe I'll make up a few 370 grain arrows and re flight test.

My word man, I would suggest most people have scales that are inaccurate to some degree or other. You have nothing to apologize for!

Craig

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2011, 09:41:24 pm »
WELL JEEZ!!! Get it right next time! >:( Just kidding no big deal stuff happens, its not a hanging offence now days to be off a few pounds plus or minus  ;)
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Josh Vance  Netarts OR. (Tillamook)

Offline fishfinder401

• noel laflamme noellaf2@cox.net
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2011, 09:45:02 pm »

its not a hanging offence now days to be off a few pounds plus or minus  ;)
[/quote]
oh ya, they just changed the sentence, the punishment is you a=have to send the bow to me >:D
warbows and fishing, what else is there to do?
modern technology only takes you so far, remove electricity and then what

blackhawk

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2011, 10:11:11 pm »
Ill be at your door soon with a bucket of tar and feathers  :D

Seriously...no biggy. And I appreciate the honesty. That shows a character of integrity.   ;)

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2011, 10:13:11 pm »
Ill be at your door soon with a bucket of tar and feathers  :D

;D :D
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Offline Tower

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2011, 11:08:10 pm »
It is a rare thing to see someone who has Honesty that is above reproach in this day & age. My hats off to you . You could have kept silent & we would not have been the wiser. Salute.
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2011, 11:09:40 pm »
It is a rare thing to see someone who has Honesty that is above reproach in this day & age. My hats off to you . You could have kept silent & we would not have been the wiser. Salute.

I agree!

Offline hillbilly61

• Fly straight and true
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2011, 03:30:01 am »
  Thank you gentlemen. It embarrassed me and didn't want anyone to think bad of me :-\ Y'all are right. I could have just let it go, but I believe in honesty. Again. thank you.....Mark

Offline dwardo

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2011, 10:00:46 am »
Not tried to test my scales but at a guess i would say they are probably useless, might as well have different fruits on the dial rather than numbers  ::)

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2011, 01:27:42 pm »
Well D'uh... just pull it back anoth few inches, you'll soon be up to your stated weight ::).
No prob, there's always a bit of plus and minus on draw weight. My last one I was quoting it at 28", but I'd had to build a new block on the tiller rig to allow for the wobbly limbs. It turns out I was really at 29", still it's good to have tested an inch of overdraw.
Del
(Shhh, Don't tell anyone about that last bit, they may retract all the nice things they said about my bow :o)
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline hillbilly61

• Fly straight and true
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2011, 04:53:21 pm »
  Now I'm confused. I'm working on a short bow (46" t2t) I have it back to 23" and the scale reads 44# Now I'm no weekling, but I can barely keeps it held while reading the scale. I'm going to have to somehow verify the weight. or start working out ::) I sure hope it's the scale ;D

Offline JonW

Re: Apology (MORE Info)
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2011, 07:04:56 pm »
One thing about pulling short bows is the perceived draw weight is higher than a bow of longer length with the same draw weight. You may be experiencing something like that.

Jon W.