Author Topic: First Timer Qustions  (Read 2095 times)

Offline Hawkeye1974

First Timer Qustions
« on: June 24, 2011, 10:39:42 am »
Hi,
I'm new to the site and the art of archery.  I became familiar with archery through martial arts training and a cousin's compound bow.  But primitive bow has captured my imagination.  So any advice, training, websites etc that can be helpful in my growth would be appreciated.  Also any primitive bow for sale sites would help alot ( looking for pyramid, recurve, flat bows first, then longbows.) Again thanks for the add and looking forward to the site.    
If a guy can fire 3 arrows 125 meters he not only deserves his own movie.  He deserves his own reality show!!! 

-Anonymous

Offline JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
  • Sorry Officer, I was just gathering "materials".
Re: First Timer Qustions
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 11:44:59 am »
You're in the right place for everything you mentioned.  Just stay right here and try to absorb as much as possible.

There are MANY bows available from members of this forum and advertisers.  You can trade or buy.
Any critter tastes good with enough butter on it.

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas
Youtube: JackCrafty, Allergic Hobbit, Patrick Blank

Where's Rock? Public Waterways, Road Cuts, Landscape Supply, Knap-Ins.
How to Cook It?  200° for 24hrs then 275° to 500° for 4hrs (depending on type), Cool for 12hr

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 12:24:08 pm »
Your profile doesn't give a location.
Can I assume it's not the UK?
Click the globe symbol under my username, there's tons of stuff on my website.
Del
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2011, 04:12:55 pm »
Welcome  Hawkeye1974 !!
Hawkeye - Buckeye - both a little crazy LOL!
Just set back and enjoy the ride cause you just joined up with a bunch of addicts !!
We love our sticks with a string on them ! as you get used to this site you will find more fun than you know what do with !!
By the way whats the 1974 for cause if its a birth year it makes you a kid  but if its the year you grad from coll. then your old LOL !
Hope you enjoy this site as much as we do !!
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2011, 12:26:09 am »
If you are in for a good read on the history of archery and how to's tbb1-4 ,a highly informative set of books ;)
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...

Offline Hawkeye1974

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2011, 09:16:47 pm »
Thanks for the hospitality guys.
@ Del: you assume right I am not from the U.K..  I am from across the pond in the States, also I am checking out the site now.

@Soy: I have heard of series and am currently looking for it. Thanks and if you know anymore books please let me know.

@Buckeye Guy: the 1974 is my birth year and I am a nut for sticks with strings as well.
I hope to hear more from you guys and to learn more.

If a guy can fire 3 arrows 125 meters he not only deserves his own movie.  He deserves his own reality show!!! 

-Anonymous