Author Topic: High country elk in September!  (Read 35413 times)

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
Re: High country elk in September!
« Reply #90 on: August 18, 2011, 06:57:05 pm »
Justin, a marathon runner would be handy to have in camp. You could just run around a small herd and drive them past  the hunters shooting lane.  L.O.L.       Kennrth
Im all over that.
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #91 on: August 18, 2011, 08:39:45 pm »
If i get the opportunity to put an arrow in one you guys will hear me from where you are!  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Little John

« Reply #92 on: August 19, 2011, 09:52:22 am »
I guess that answers the question about if we need walkie talkies. You areright Pappy, life is very good.         Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline Little John

« Reply #93 on: August 19, 2011, 11:46:19 pm »
I am dead beat from working and trying to get all my work done so we can get gone on this trip. Makes me hesitant to shoot any thing right away and have to go back to work packing meat. I guessPat will probably mess that up and shoot a big one first morning. Well that will be ok, he can have camp chores. Just funning, Pat I hope you get the biggest one on the mountain.   Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #94 on: August 20, 2011, 01:55:28 am »
I'll take the first one that gives me an opportunity.  ;D
  Sent my pack to you today Kenneth. Should be at your house Monday or Tuesday.  It weighs in at just under 40#.  Bows and arrows going out tomorrow morning so they should be a day or 2 behind the pack.
  I'll be dead tired when I get in to Durango. Will be getting up at 3:30am our time(1:30am your time) to catch a 5:30am flight and get to Durango a little before noon your time. Most of that time sitting on a plane or in the terminal(2 layovers). Don't know if I can hike in that day. We both might need the rest of that day to just chill and get stuff together.  We can make that call when the time comes. Two weeks from Today!!!!!  8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline lowell

« Reply #95 on: August 20, 2011, 11:57:09 am »
  Best of luck of luck on your trip...can't wait to see pictures!!!
My son says I shoot a stick with a stick!!

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #96 on: August 20, 2011, 01:19:30 pm »
Bows and arrows went in the mail today! Won't be long now.  8)
  Thanks Lowell. I will have pics to show after Sept 10.

Offline Bow Nut

« Reply #97 on: August 20, 2011, 03:39:01 pm »
yall are some lucky fellas.

good luck hope yall score

Offline bcbull

« Reply #98 on: August 20, 2011, 07:52:02 pm »
PAT BEST OF LUCK TO YA HOPE YOU GET A SHOT I GOT BACK FROM SCOUTING THE OTHER DAY THE BULLS ARE STARTIN TO PLAY IN THE WALLOWS AND THE VELVET IS ABOUT OF ON A LOT OF EM  THEYR STILL AT 9 TO 11000 FT HERE WHERE WE GO IM HEADIN BACK THIS WEEK WAITING FOR STRINGMAN AND JR TO GET HERE  HAVE A GOOD ONE BUDDY  BROCK

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #99 on: August 20, 2011, 08:04:59 pm »
You too Brock.
  We'll be between 9000' and 10000'. Kenneth and his wife went in last weekend and found lots of fresh sign and a small heard. I think they were going back in this eekend too to finish up the horseback packing.

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #100 on: August 20, 2011, 08:10:35 pm »
Pat, while you are in Durango, go to Denny's and have a cup of coffee and say hi James Cooper. My brother in law owns Denny's and his son is a manager. Both are named James.  ;)
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline bcbull

« Reply #101 on: August 22, 2011, 06:34:19 pm »
PAT A HEADS UP FOR YA IT S RAINED EVERY DAY HERE FOR THE LAST 5 DAYS LOOKS LIKE IT WILL AGAIN TODAY EVERYTHIG Has been dampen d good where im hunting so alll s nice quite under foot  hope ur gettn some down that way to  im headin up again tmw with a load brock ;D

Offline Keenan

« Reply #102 on: August 22, 2011, 11:52:10 pm »
Pat is the Irene going to mess you up at all? I sure hope not.  Best of luck to you both.

Brock, it's still dry up here. Might get some afternoon T-storms Wednesday and Thursday hope so. It's like walking on popcorn.

Offline bcbull

« Reply #103 on: August 23, 2011, 12:47:34 am »
keenan  it s been dryin out we had a lotta rain all summer none the last 30 days or so we had a good storm this afternoon lighting thunder now looks like well get more tonite  it s rellley gettin cool now was 41 this am haha when i got up at 6400 ft  bulls startin to squeek a bit think theyr gonna come in rut early this year cuz of the weather hope u guys have a good hunt up there too ill be headin north aftr this trip for another hunt then maybe cut some juniper  have a good one bro  brock

Offline Keenan

« Reply #104 on: August 23, 2011, 01:10:23 am »
You to Brock.  What part of the North?  Don't forget the top side of good size branches works well on the Juniper

Pat sure hope that nasty storm alters it's coarse for you all.