Author Topic: New John Cooper Bronze Bow Archery self osage bow  (Read 7245 times)

Offline JW_Halverson

Re: New John Cooper Bronze Bow Archery self osage bow
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2011, 01:11:37 pm »
Flinch-rock foulers?!?!?!

hehehe, I sure do loooove the stink they make!  I came here by devolving back from caplocks to flintlocks to bows.  I'm on my way to atlatls, rabbit sticks, throwing rocks, and ultimately wearing half-dressed hides while following around major predators to scavange off the leavings of their kills.  I'd take it back further, but the vet tells me that there is no way to reverse the tail-ectomy from when I was a kid!

You got yourself a dang nice bow there.  It should pass muster at most Rendezvous, even if the AMM guys frown at it.  High Plains Regional Rendezvous kicks off this weekend, I donated a bow and a set of arrows for them again this year. 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline rover brewer

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2011, 08:12:52 pm »
nice psalms .
john 3:16

fowler

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2011, 08:16:37 pm »
  Yes hunting with a Flint smoothbore is like hunting with a selfbow.  Just like a compound or crossbow is like a inline fake black powder scoped zip-gun modern inline junk!

Offline tomwatson

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2011, 06:02:04 pm »
Nice looking bow John. I am hoping to learn some of the ways of the force at the MTB Jamboree and GLLI, so I too can construct my own bow for the Marshall shoot next year.

Tom  ;D

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2011, 02:25:21 pm »
Tom
Good attitude keep it up !
Hope to see ya at GLLI ,I will be either working on a bow or watching Don Knapp rocks so look me up !
If we miss each other I Will see ya at Marshall next year !
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !