Author Topic: 50" Crow double curve - trade w/ thomas h........(not for bom) Dimensions added  (Read 17222 times)

Offline bubby

I'll tell ya what Rich, you can "hack out" a bow for me anytime, great job, Bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline half eye

Thanks once more for the wonderfull comments, and bubby it aint one lick nicer than ones you posted.
rich

Offline bubby

all the same Rich, that's a good'n, Bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline randman

Thanks for posting those great pix Rich! Living here in the Pacific NW, I have never seen a Salish bow (Chief Seattle was Salish) and now that I have, it just looks Salish. It really resembles their art and other objects. Growing up near near the Yakama reservation, I have only seen one photo of a Yakama bow (attached) and it resembles (from a distance) the plains bows. Even in their tribal cultural museum they don't have any examples of Yakama bows. It is such a shame that a lot of this information has been lost. This forum and people like you are such a treasure for keeping this information and artform alive hopefully for many more generations. Although I dare say future archeologists are going to be very confused what with all the mixing of various bow types worldwide partly as a direct result of this and other forums where we all share information and influences ;D
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Offline randman

Oh Forgot to mention, Sweet Bow!! Love the spots and crow tracks! Looks like all that snow you had this year is finally going away too.
(Wish our rain would go away. I'm about to start buildin an ark!)
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Offline half eye

randman,
      Both the bows in your pic look like classic plains "gull-wings".....but anyways, found 2 more Salish bows so here's the pics if they help ya any. I did notice that one has a waisted grip, and one does not and the other has the waisted grip but not the statics.....aint got a clue as to why either. anyways here's the first two and I'll get #3 downloaded here shortly.
rich

Offline thomas h

was there ever a race that could compare to the  magnificence  of the  native American and there culture.

Offline profsaffel

You know I like it!  ;D

-Prof
Professor of History, Student of Bowyery

Offline fusizoli

Rich

I've replicated this bow (the original one) from ash with 45 lenght. Haven't found the origin of the pic U ve posted. Would U be so kind to tell me where can I find it?

Now the bow is near ready, just a day or two and put the top coat on it. :)

It feels about 55-60# at full draw.

Thanks Z

Offline Lee Slikkers

Rich, killer bow...those photos from the museum are spectacular.
~ Lee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
— Aldo Leopold
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~