Author Topic: looking for some good osage or yew or mulberry staves have much to trade  (Read 2854 times)

Offline Bow Nut

I have all the sinew you could want, some osage boards, 2 prairie rattle snake skins, rawhide backings, moso bamboo backings, 75 pound at 28 inch bamboo backed hickory with an IPE core bow.  Looking to get as many nice staves as possible. 

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
I have some pretty nice mulberry billets that are extra long, I believe 46" plus. They are peeled and sealed, about 4 weeks old.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Bow Nut

do you need anything I have to trade with?  I also have some very nice hand made obsidian and flint knifes and blades I make my self and obsidian flint agate and jasper arrow heads mounted already but I can make up some more if you would rather just have the head. as well as the other mentioned items

thanks
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 07:46:01 pm by Bow Nut »

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
I could use some skins. How long are those buggers?
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Bow Nut

one is 39 inches with rattles and one is 39.5 inches with rattles.  I also have many whitetail deer rawhide strips about 2.5 inches wide by 45 inches long.

Offline Stingray45

How much rawhide do you have? And what lengths? Ready to go on a bow? I have a nice pretty big osage stave. I can get some exact measurements when I get home.
Is there anything better than wandering the earth with a stick and string in your hand?

Offline Bow Nut

have 8 strips, need 2 to do one bow.  and all they need is a good soaking and glue up

Offline Bow Nut

I would say they are about 45 to 50 inches each with out measuring sorry missed that part on the rawhide

Offline billy bowmaker

interested in trading sinew for black locust?  I've got a few character staves you can have for sinew or snakeskin.

Offline hillbilly61

• Fly straight and true
What's the dimensions of the Osage boards? Do you need any cane?
I will say of the Lord,"He is my refuge and my fortress;
  My God, in Him I will trust."  Psalm 91:2

Offline Bow Nut

Re: looking for some good osage or yew or mulberry staves have much to trade
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2011, 03:29:52 pm »
I have plenty of cane hillbilly61 and I have cut all the boards down to 1.5 inch by 1.5 inche by 72 inch I started out with 100 board feet and now probably am down to 60 after all the waist and billits I ended up with while working all the knots and cracks out.  I have cut all the billets down to lams for making pre tapered core lams.  I think I would like to hang on to my osage boards anyway as I have found a great use for it. 

BIlly I am out of sinew but have other things for trade anything else you would be interested in?