Author Topic: Raised beds update.  (Read 3283 times)

Offline Timo

Raised beds update.
« on: June 10, 2011, 12:35:26 am »
Been eatin a good bit here lately and looking forward to much more. My first year at this and still have alot to learn, but I am learning.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: Raised beds update.
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2011, 01:30:24 am »
That looks darn good, Mr Ott. Those are some healthy looking plants.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2011, 02:02:43 am »
Nice, looks like good eating.
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Cameroo

• Cam's Stuff
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2011, 02:11:40 am »
Looks like a high-security area you got there :)  Would be a good place to do a steak-out for rabbits!

Nice work though! It sure beats going to the grocery store for veggies, and they don't get much fresher than that.

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2011, 06:16:32 am »
That's inspired me to try it next year. Your garden looks very healthy and productive
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2011, 07:56:13 am »
Man they are looking good, you ant looking any better  :) :) but the garden looks great ,Making me hungry,I love vegies. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Lombard

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2011, 09:59:59 pm »
Looking like a nice bounty there Tim. This is our first year with the raised beds too, and I have to say I like it so far.

Offline jeffhalfrack

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2011, 11:23:59 pm »
  JUST  OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!!!!!   great  lookin  garden!!!!!  man  ,   good  job  JEFFW

Offline Blacktail

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2011, 01:13:47 pm »
wow that is great..my wife wants a garden but we move around too much...i was raised with garden food and its great stuff..nice work..john

HatchA

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2011, 02:25:45 pm »
Damn, Tim!!  That set-up looks INCREDIBLE with all the growth in it!!  Hard to believe it's the same piece of land that's in the pic's of you building it...

I bet the food tastes twice as good knowing it's all natural AND that you grew it yourself!

Offline Rick Wallace

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2011, 02:38:14 pm »
Now I got to rebuild mine! They are 5 years old and looking shabby,,Yours look buetomos!!   good job!!!!
U.S.ARMY '86-'91  East Milton Fl.   Dont take yourself to seriously,,No one else does

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2011, 06:22:19 pm »
Time, awesome garden. I love to garden too. Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline Alpinbogen

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2011, 07:09:46 pm »
That looks great!  You've got a wonderful amount of space, too.  Is that an electrified rabbit fence?

Offline Timo

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2011, 08:56:22 pm »
I am in love with this type of gardening. very easy to keeps weeds at bay, Can grow lots of crop in a small space.biggest problem is making sure the plants get enough moisture,as the beds dry out quick.I rigged up some old garden hoses into soakers and run a water manifold down the  middle of the beds,then I can water which ever bed I think needs it.

The fence is electrified. the bottom wire is a ground wire and the others are all hot. I put made the bottom wire ground so in dry weather any animal that tries to go through will still be grounded and get bit. Without any moisture in the ground the critters stand a good chance of not getting a charge. Got a solar charger on it,and my dogs learned real quick not to get close.

Mostly put it up for coons as they always know when the day before I am about to pick corn.......They will be surprised! >:D

Offline Bullitt

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2011, 11:47:15 pm »
Tim ,if you garden like ya build bows, you could feed the hungry! ;D

Been at it since the mid '80s, nothing better! This year though, no time, no garden!

Grandma, taught me alot! I can still see her in her Garden , and the pressure canner ticking away! Love and miss her dearly! :(