Author Topic: rocking chair  (Read 3017 times)

Offline mspink

rocking chair
« on: July 06, 2011, 12:06:33 am »
rocking chair for the pregnant wife made out of red oak and pine.  any critiques appreciated. first one ever attempted enjoy!!
Aim small miss small!

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: rocking chair
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 12:21:27 am »
Looks good to me. Does she like it? :)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline mspink

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2011, 01:21:39 am »
well, for some reason she loves it. Havent quite figured out why yet. But im proud of how it turned out so far. Gotta finish and stain it. Should be this weekend. Nice break from bows.
Aim small miss small!

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2011, 01:33:25 am »
 The wife is critiqueing it, :-\ She said if your wife is going to be rocking the baby you need wider arm rest. :)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline mspink

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2011, 01:43:26 am »
Well i have noted that for the next one. Thank you. If she feels uncomfortable i an always make them wider.
Aim small miss small!

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2011, 08:50:46 am »
Very nice,if she like it that is all that matters, :) :)maybe you could make  her a bed frame next. ;) ;D ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Stingray45

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2011, 02:47:35 pm »
I don't know if this will help or make any difference but my wife is always talking about furniture with high enough arm rests for bottle feeding. Always tells this story about people she baby sat for growing up and a really nice house but had the ugliest old orange couch and she couldn't ever figure out why until she had to bottle feed the babies while watching them. Said the arm rest was the right height to just hold your arm in place and you didn't really have to hold the bottle up yourself. Then as soon as they were all done bottle feeding they got rid of the couch. Just a thought & possible suggestion.
Is there anything better than wandering the earth with a stick and string in your hand?

Offline Stingray45

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2011, 02:48:37 pm »
Also, I noticed you said you'll keep that in mind for the next one. If you don't mind or have the time I wouldn't mind seeing a build-a-long for the next one  ;). Always interested in new wood working projects.
Is there anything better than wandering the earth with a stick and string in your hand?

Offline mspink

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2011, 02:23:43 am »
Ill keep that in mind for the next one as well stingray. Thanks for looking. Definitely going to make more when i get time. It was a lot of fun.
Aim small miss small!

Offline Rick Wallace

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2011, 05:44:15 am »
Looks good,,It has a hint of Adirondack style. I agree with wider arm rest. Next time you need to make a his and her set! ;D
U.S.ARMY '86-'91  East Milton Fl.   Dont take yourself to seriously,,No one else does

Offline mspink

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2011, 03:33:18 am »
sanded and stained and in action! enjoy!!
Aim small miss small!