Author Topic: How's my tiller?  (Read 3631 times)

Offline DiGi

Re: How's my tiller?
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2011, 04:52:07 pm »
Ok. I have shortened the long tiller string now. How far do I go with the long tiller string? I don't want to go too far.

Offline Weylin

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2011, 05:00:17 pm »
The most important thing is that you dont want to pull the bow harder than you will at full draw. so if you are hoping to have 50# bow when you are done then at NO point should oyu ever pull the bow harder than 50#. But with the amount of wood you still have on your bow you shouldn't even be approaching your intended draw weight. scrape a little wood off and then exercise the limbs gently and  scrape a little more off. take it slow and watch for the limbs to start bending more. once they are bending then you can start to see what adjustments you need to make to your tiller.

blackhawk

« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2011, 05:32:11 pm »
You want it bending ten inches on the long string before moving on to the short string. For example, if your long string starts bending the limbs and becomes taught at the 2" mark on your tillering tree/stick,then you need to be pulling it to the 12" mark at at no more than your desired weight. Understand? And also never pull past once you notice a hinge no matter what weight your pulling, even if its under your desired weight. And try to get your limbs nice and evenly matched on the long string as it makes life easier once you move on to the short string and first bracing.

Offline DiGi

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2011, 08:07:47 pm »
How bout now? I've taken a lot off but its still not bending too much. What do I do?

Offline Stingray45

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2011, 08:15:32 pm »
Just keep taking wood off evenly from each side until you start to get some bend.
Is there anything better than wandering the earth with a stick and string in your hand?

Offline acker

« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2011, 08:42:00 pm »
I can't see any mistakes so far  ::) ;)