Author Topic: Warbow draw weight math question? I guess...? lol  (Read 1578 times)

Offline toomanyknots

Warbow draw weight math question? I guess...? lol
« on: June 08, 2011, 03:03:33 pm »
If a bow is 78" nock to nock and draws 80# @ 28", how much will it (most likely) draw at 32"? How about if it draws 90# @ 28"? I just need to know cause it's a bit hard to get my scale to measure a full 32", as my tiller tree's legs get in the way currently. It would also help to know so I don't come in under weight. My goal is a 78" nock to nock bow drawing 100 to 110 pounds @ 32".
"The way of heaven is like the bending of a bow-
 the upper part is pressed down,
 the lower part is raised up,
 the part that has too much is reduced,
 the part that has too little is increased."

- Tao Te Ching, 77, A new translation by Victor H. Mair

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: Warbow draw weight math question? I guess...? lol
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 04:41:41 pm »
Possibly 2-3#'s per inch. But there is no sure fire formula.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline markinengland

Re: Warbow draw weight math question? I guess...? lol
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 06:21:48 pm »
I guess you could draw a force draw graph to 28 inches and then project the line.

If you have 90lb at 28 inches I would leave it as it is for now and shoot it in for a while gradually increasing the draw length. The bow may well drop in weight during this process so that you can then do a later final tiller to be right at the weight you want at the draw length you want.

The best solution in the end will be to alter your tiller tree so you can achieve a longer draw. Can you not add distance at the top if the bottom is in the way?

Mark in England