Author Topic: Forum on a Droid phone?  (Read 4156 times)

Offline gstoneberg

Forum on a Droid phone?
« on: June 08, 2011, 11:31:53 pm »
This isn't very primitive, but ...  do any of you use a droid smart phone to read the PA forum?  If so, is there an app you use?  I used the browser today with my new Droid x2 and thought there must be a better way. ???

George
St Paul, TX

Offline Rick Wallace

Re: Forum on a Droid phone?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 01:53:52 am »
OK, I give up,,what is a droid??  ???
U.S.ARMY '86-'91  East Milton Fl.   Dont take yourself to seriously,,No one else does

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 02:17:46 am »
It's a smart phone by Motorola.  I'm headed to the hog lease for the weekend and would like to stay up on the forum while I'm waiting for hogs to arrive.  Like I said, not very primitive.  Sorry.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline Rick Wallace

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 02:56:35 am »
Oh,,one of those,Sorry I cant answer that one!  I dont have a cell phone,dont understand them!  My wife and kids are always yappin on theirs,good luck
U.S.ARMY '86-'91  East Milton Fl.   Dont take yourself to seriously,,No one else does

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 03:22:40 am »
George...no way to D/L pictures to P.A....the Web Site won't allow it...don't know why though.......... :-\
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

HatchA

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2011, 06:31:29 am »
What operating system (O.S.) does the phone use?  I have a Sony Ericsson Xperia 10 which uses the Android O.S. - linked with Google, if I remember correctly.  I looked up the website via the Google search bar, then click on "community", then "lobby" on the next screen.

I'm not a big user (or even believer) in "app's"  ::)  and I don't do Apple :P  hehehe

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2011, 08:00:30 am »
OK ,you guys are going to have to start speaking English. Who knows you may be cussing on
the site. ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D I do have a cell phone but all I ask of it is for me to be able to say hello
and good buy. :) Soory I guess I am no help. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2011, 09:09:53 am »
George...no way to D/L pictures to P.A....the Web Site won't allow it...don't know why though.......... :-\

I downloaded a Flickr app last night.  If I can get pictures to FLickr I can get them to the forum.  What is so hard is manipulating the web page, I keep hitting the unread posts hyperlink instead of the new replies link.

I'm sorry guys, this is geeky stuff.  We haven't sworn even once though... :)

George
St Paul, TX

Offline Rick Wallace

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2011, 10:02:37 am »
OK ,you guys are going to have to start speaking English. Who knows you may be cussing on
the site. ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D I do have a cell phone but all I ask of it is for me to be able to say hello
and good buy. :) Soory I guess I am no help. :)
   Pappy
;D ;D  I thought I was the only one.......... :D

Offline iowabow

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2011, 10:09:19 am »
Ok. I use the phone to view 95 percent of the time.  I use photobucket for the droid. It is so user freindly that 2 year old could do it.   Just take photo and then upload [hit the upload button] then view gallery and hit menu and select link. I use the second choice can't remeber what it is called.  If you have trouble just IM me and I will send you my phone number and walk you through it.
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2011, 09:27:06 pm »
Thanks.  The app I was looking for is named tapatalk and there are boatloads of forums listed.  Sadly, Primitive Archer's forum is not one of them.  It looks like the forum owner has to go to their web site and set it up.  They say it's free, but I'm skeptical.   Guess I'll keep using the browser.

Thanks again,
George
St Paul, TX

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2011, 10:57:55 pm »
I must admit that my I-Phone makes it much easier than my droid did. I jailbroke it and use some open source apps with a few mods that I made myself.
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2011, 11:24:51 pm »
you still can't post pictures straight to Primitive Archer though....I have tried everything...just can't find a way around it....
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2011, 12:10:19 am »
What operating system (O.S.) does the phone use?  I have a Sony Ericsson Xperia 10 which uses the Android O.S. - linked with Google, if I remember correctly.  I looked up the website via the Google search bar, then click on "community", then "lobby" on the next screen.

I'm not a big user (or even believer) in "app's"  ::)  and I don't do Apple :P  hehehe

Yea Mike, I understand.  I don't send many pictures directly to the forum so it won't be much of an issue for me.

Hatch, I missed the above.  This is a droid x2 with android 2.2 I think.  Yes, what I think you're doing is using the browser.  I will do that, was just hoping for a little better interface.  It'll be fine, I'll quit complaining. :-[ :-[

George

PS. I don't do Apple either. ;)
St Paul, TX

Offline NTD

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2011, 01:02:43 am »

Here's an attempt from my android os samsung Epic.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 01:06:27 am by NTD »
Nate Danforth