Author Topic: School...fun fun  (Read 3763 times)

JustinNC

School...fun fun
« on: June 08, 2011, 11:11:19 pm »
So here I am, father, husband, done earned an associates degree right out of high school in fish and wildlife management.........now Im going back to school. I know some on here have done it and done it successfully while being a father and a husband and I have all the admiration in the world for you (looking at you TJ/Nugget). Somebody needs to block PA while I have assignments due and not let me on until I'm done. It is a welcome break though. Well, back to studying. Going to get this accounting degree if it kills me. How else will I be able to convince the wife that we do not have money for clothes and what not but still have plenty for rock, if I dont have credentials to back me up!::)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: School...fun fun
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 12:13:52 am »
If you want,,I'll delete anything you post? Or,, we could just Ban you from the site till you finish school ::) ;)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

JustinNC

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 12:15:44 am »
If you want,,I'll delete anything you post? Or,, we could just Ban you from the site till you finish school ::) ;)

Gosh Eddie, I'm hoping I wont finish until I either A- Have my CPA, or B) eligible to sit for it, pending experience....you wouldn't know what to do with out me for that long. ;D

JustinNC

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 12:16:45 am »

Gosh Eddie, I'm hoping I wont finish until I either A- Have my CPA, or B) eligible to sit for it, pending experience....now that yall got me, you wouldn't know what to do with out me for that long. ;D

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 12:28:36 am »
 ;D Naw,, I'd miss you, big, guy. Study hard and good luck.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2011, 07:55:31 am »
You go boy,I love a guy with a plan and sounds like you have one. :) Good luck and study hard.
They say it is easier when you get older,I would hope so cause I use to sure hate to study. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

JustinNC

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2011, 09:33:19 am »
You go boy,I love a guy with a plan and sounds like you have one. :) Good luck and study hard.
They say it is easier when you get older,I would hope so cause I use to sure hate to study. :)
   Pappy

Thank ya Pappy. As much as I never thought I'd do it. Looks like I am going the white collar route. I guess it takes all kinds. I guess in due time, we'll see how that works out for me

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2011, 10:13:56 am »
Good luck with the learnin'.  Maybe you shouldn't pick up any rocks while you got assignments.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

JustinNC

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2011, 10:28:26 am »
Now I can't do that Clint. Anybody that has tried rock knows they can't stop once they start.

Offline iowabow

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2011, 10:30:15 am »
College is a job. Notice new job policy; Breaking rocks will only be a reward for completing assignments and only after family responsibilities are meet or A, you will not stay in school or B, stay married.  Lol Now when I did my 4 years I gave my TV away but still fished when I needed a break.  I went on to complete a masters but continued to hunt. It was in the blood some things you can't just put away.
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2011, 06:12:25 am »
Going back to school is always a good thing. What I learned after college was that it wasn't so much my inteligence that allowed to to earn a degree, but rather my determination to "finish the race." The hardest most difficult thing for me was discovering that I could work sunup to sun down hauling hay, but to buckle down and study for hours on end was a real struggle.

In Don Williams' song, Good old boys a line states, "with Thomas Wolfe wispering in my ear..." I heard my dad especially wispering to me, "we came to this country; to the other side for you to go to school and not have to work out in the sun like me." That's what he wanted. For us to have better working conditions than he did. Iowabow you can do this. You will have to give some things up, and study while others are having fun or sleeping, but you can earn your CPA!

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

JustinNC

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2011, 10:34:06 am »
Got a box of rock outside just begging to be hit.....guess who was inside doing home work at a decent hour so he wasn't up til midnight like the previous 3 nights doing it. It'll pay off. I do have one good thing going for me. I love to learn. I didn't realize that when I was in college the first time. I did what I had to do to get through. Now I have a thirst for knowlege. Granted that thirst isnt as large for accounting and business knowlege, but it is still there. You can't take what I have in my head away from me. This is part of the reason I, as well as most of us like primitive archery, that thirst for knowlege. Sure there is pride in making one's things to hunt with and what not, but I've really learned a lot of history I otherwise would have never known.

Offline iowabow

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2011, 12:33:46 pm »
Ditto
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2011, 12:37:25 pm »
I meant JUstinNC
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2011, 12:52:54 pm »
Go get you some education. You can do it. Hell I did, not saying I am any smarter ;D
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!