Author Topic: UK bow Trade, just gauging interest.  (Read 2172 times)

Offline dwardo

UK bow Trade, just gauging interest.
« on: June 08, 2011, 03:56:04 pm »
Ayup all,

Getting kind of jellous with all these great bows being traded over the pond.
I did look at sending over a bow to the US and the cost is daft.

Anyone fancy a uk version? Not holding anyone to anything just seeing if we have the numbers to make it a worth while tast.

Cheers all :)

Offline Mister D

Re: UK bow Trade, just gauging interest.
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 07:00:21 pm »
i'm in - my bows are getting better but they are by no means perfect thou
Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one getting burned.

Offline bigcountry

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 07:20:04 pm »
All you UK guys, I will be in Bristol/Highbridge area all next week.  Any interesting events in archery over there?
Westminster, MD

mikekeswick

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 03:51:17 pm »
I would be interested, i've got quite a collection going now!
Bigcountry - my local club has got a good contest this weekend but probably too far away. The World Wand Champs at Raby Castle, Staindrop,County Durham

Offline markinengland

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 06:14:22 pm »
I might be up for it. Would be expensive and risky to send bows in the post here though. How about a meet up for it, entry price one trade bow into the pot?

Mark in England (Kent)

Offline dragonman

• virabows.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2011, 06:43:27 pm »
hello all, I would be provisionaly interested too, I like your idea Mark if it could be quite central
 Bigcountry, I dont personnaly know of any events, I'm in Wales and kinda on my own out here
'expansion and compression'.. the secret of life is to balance these two opposing forces.......

Offline bigcountry

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2011, 07:46:08 pm »
hello all, I would be provisionaly interested too, I like your idea Mark if it could be quite central
 Bigcountry, I dont personnaly know of any events, I'm in Wales and kinda on my own out here

Cool. Considering taking a spin on Wednesday thru wales.  I am staying at the South Bristol Cadbury house.  Figured it wasn't too far.  Spent alot of time in Cornwall, figured I would say I have seen wales. 

Any place you recommend seeing?
Westminster, MD

Offline dragonman

• virabows.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2011, 05:03:04 pm »
Bigcountry, there are loads of cool places in Wales, depends how far into Wales you're gonna travel? Forest of Dean is a nice area, not far from Bristol. There are some cool castles near Porthcawl just over the bridge into Wales.  I'm in Pembrokeshire come and see me if you like...
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 05:09:52 pm by dragonman »
'expansion and compression'.. the secret of life is to balance these two opposing forces.......

Offline bigcountry

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2011, 06:15:32 pm »
Dragon, sent ya a PM.  I hope I get my work done early and can run around all day Wednesday. 

Westminster, MD