Author Topic: Check out these curves!  (Read 4864 times)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: Check out these curves!
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2011, 10:05:36 am »
Its alot like that blackhawk. The bow was tillered very well and I shot it several times. Suddenly my bottom limb gave way and I lost 10# of draw instantly. I think your right, this one is going to the corner of shame. The stave wasnt centered with the grain from the start and I had no way to change that. The knot should have been in the center of the bow instead of on the edge. Oh well, I learned a few things in the process.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

blackhawk

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2011, 10:19:36 am »
I def feel your pain. Mine was/is a sinewed bow which you know a person puts a lot into it. Mine collapsed on the tenth shot. It was shooting awesome too,and my heart sank. I set it in the pile of shame for a couple weeks before I patched it,and it now proudly wears a ipe mole on a sinewed HHB bow(a beauty mark so to speak).   You might be able to still save her. But I don't know how bad it is or what that spot looks like.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2011, 10:44:17 am »
Sorry to hear that,I thought it was looking pretty darn good. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Lee Slikkers

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2011, 12:07:24 pm »
Dang PD, what a crying shame...that Osage was looking so sweet too!  Are you running low on Osage?  I can bring you a stave when I "swing by" for a bow build one of these days.
~ Lee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
— Aldo Leopold

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2011, 12:53:54 pm »
Im always low on osage Lee. I have hackberry,mulberry, black locust, HHB, elm,ash and walnut coming out my ears. I would love to have one of yours when you come over this way for a build. Thank you
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline bigcountry

« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2011, 02:16:56 pm »
Had a simular thing with a kids bow.  Everything was going great, and then right in front of my eyes, I saw a hinge at a knot while on the tree.  A few sec later, POW.
Westminster, MD

Offline Lee Slikkers

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2011, 02:34:48 pm »
Im always low on osage Lee. I have hackberry,mulberry, black locust, HHB, elm,ash and walnut coming out my ears. I would love to have one of yours when you come over this way for a build. Thank you

No worries bud, what goes around comes around...happy to help!
~ Lee

"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
— Aldo Leopold

Offline ErictheViking

« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2011, 02:47:49 pm »
That definately sucks PD.  looked really good.
"He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart"  C.S. Lewis