Author Topic: spring bear  (Read 6490 times)

Offline DEllis

Re: spring bear
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2011, 10:47:51 pm »
Just because I'm happy for you don't mean I ain't jealous ;).

Lane
I probably shouldn't mention the mountain goat hunt I have planned for this fall either then eh? Or the moose hunt? O:)
Darcy :)
Darcy Ellis
Fort Fraser BC Canada eh!

Offline Lee Slikkers

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2011, 11:00:07 pm »
No you definitely should not Darcy...2 on my list of "must do" before I leave this world.  Very cool stuff!
~ Lee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
— Aldo Leopold
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline DEllis

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2011, 12:12:04 am »
No you definitely should not Darcy...2 on my list of "must do" before I leave this world.  Very cool stuff!

Mountain Goats and the country they inhabit are awesome........don't wait too long to hunt them, those hills get steeper every year.
I can hunt moose literally in my back yard. They eat all my red osier and saskatoon bushes, break the birch trees to get at the tops, and convert it all into several hundred pounds of lean prime meat. Man, I can't wait for september ;D
Darcy
Darcy Ellis

Offline ErictheViking

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2011, 12:45:33 am »
gorgeous bear, good memories for sure. congratulations Darcy!
"He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart"  C.S. Lewis

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2011, 12:51:20 am »
Darcy, nice bear!  Bow looks good too.  I'm envious.  Great job.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline stickbender

« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2011, 08:27:57 pm »

Wow! :o :o  That is a nice bear, especially for a Spring bear, just coming out of it's den, and scrounging up something to eat.  That is awesome that you were able to take it with a homemade bow, and arrow! 8) 8)  But from everything I have read about BC, and from what the few people that I have talked to that have been up there, you not only have a lot of bears, but BIG bears!  Especially the Griz ! :o  You not only have big bears, but HUGE deer also!  We have mountain goats, and Big Horn Sheep, and moose in the area I will be living in, in Montana also.  The moose are not as big, especially in the antler range, but nonetheless big enough!
I am not too far from Idaho, and they have a lot of Moose.  We are limited in the Moose hunt, though, I think it is like one moose, and that is it for life.  So maybe I can get one in Montana, and one in Idaho.  Great fishing up in BC also.  It is indeed a sportsman's paradise.
Congratulations on a fine bear, and a fine hunt. ;)  And congratulations on living in such an area! ;) 8)

Wayne

P.S. I will send you a pm.  Don't want to get in trouble with the moderators.   ;D  ;D Rules is rules, and I do try to abide by them.  They do serve a purpose. ;)

Offline DEllis

« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2011, 12:51:59 am »
Thanks guys :)
Darcy
Darcy Ellis

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2011, 01:26:21 am »
Braggart..... JK, buddy. I would trade my snakes anyday for the game in your woods, but I hear them woods get cold... We didn't have school for a whole week back in February... Because it snowed and the temp didn't get above 32' From Monday at 2am until Sat around noon...
It was great  8) We had a good week... But it was COLD
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline stickbender

« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2011, 02:06:37 am »

Cipriano, that was just T shirt, and beer weather for him in BC ! ;D ;D  It gets COLD there, and did I mention it gets REALLY COLD there?   :o :o :o ;D ;D ;D  He said he only carries a knife, with him when he bow hunts!  I wouldn't want to face a Griz who wants my Deer, or other kill, with just a bow, and a knife! :o  I am afraid i would have to go home, and bitch about the @$##@!!!! Griz that took my Bear, or Moose, etc. >:(  And it happens!  I read Outdoor world or Sports Afield, about a guy who was hunting up there, and had killed two nice trophy whitetails, and was starting to dress them out, when a huge Griz came out of the bushes, and started come towards him, growling, and acting very menacing.  He said he only had a .270, and was not too sure if it would handle such a large bear, so he backed off, and the Bear walked up to the deer, and proceeded to eat them, while eyeing him the whole time.  He said the Bear ate BOTH the deer, and that it ate ALL of the deer, including hooves, and ANTLERS, and all!! :o :o  He said he could only stand there and watch. >:(  He went back a day or so later, to see if he could find his knife, but he never found it.  Maybe the damed Bear ate it!  I hope it slice him open!

Wayne

Offline Postman

« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2011, 05:02:25 pm »
Congrats on the fine kill!
"Leave the gun....Take the cannoli"

John Poster -  Western VA

Offline crooketarrow

« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2011, 10:12:16 am »
   SWEETTTTTTTT
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING

Offline DEllis

« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2011, 02:13:04 am »
Thanks guys.
The trouble right now isn't the cold or the bears(which are not really a problem ;)) but the mosquitoes and black flies :o they be hungry ;D
Darcy
Darcy Ellis

Offline stickbender

« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2011, 03:32:26 am »

Mmmmm, black fly soup, with mosquito crackers...... :P ;D

Wayne