Author Topic: My Poop Didn't Stink Til I Sniffed  (Read 6012 times)

Offline gstoneberg

Re: My Poop Didn't Stink Til I Sniffed
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2011, 04:42:48 pm »
I keep pushing the osage shavings into a pile until it is such a hassle I can't stand it.  Then I roll the wheelbarrow in the shop, load it up and put them around my shrubs in the front yard.  Sometimes I have 2 or 3 different colors of darkening osage out there.  There's a duck nesting there now so I'm hoarding shavings until she gets done.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2011, 05:04:25 pm »
I tried cleaning up my shop once but I'm still looking for the stuff I misplaced then.  ::)  Lots of my shavings go into the wood stove for fire started in the winter. There is still plenty, mind you but that's my story and I'm sticking with it.  :D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Lee Slikkers

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2011, 05:10:28 pm »
I think "regular" bow building wouldn't be a huge deal as far as a mess BUT I did debark about 18 Osage staves down there...that makes way too much mess, next batch will be debarked outside  ::)
~ Lee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
— Aldo Leopold
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline sweeney3

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2011, 07:04:35 pm »
If you haven't finished reading Mr. Webb's "Born Fighting" book yet, I highly encourage it.  It's a darn good read.  ;)

Offline SEMO_HUNTER

• Southeast Mo. Redneck!!
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2011, 07:23:03 pm »
I also use my bark and shavings for fire starter in the wood stove in winter, but now that it's hot and don't need a fire going in the garage I pile them up outside to be burned. Osage makes the best fire starter, and the end pieces that get cut off are some of the best wood stove fuel I've ever burned. It ranks highest of most BTU's with least amount of ash left over.

Too bad the shavings aren't worth money cause I'd be rich.  :-[
~Varitas Vos Liberabit~ John 8:32

Offline Young Bowyer

• What is this?
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2011, 12:24:46 am »
I also use my bark and shavings for fire starter in the wood stove in winter, but now that it's hot and don't need a fire going in the garage I pile them up outside to be burned. Osage makes the best fire starter, and the end pieces that get cut off are some of the best wood stove fuel I've ever burned. It ranks highest of most BTU's with least amount of ash left over.

Too bad the shavings aren't worth money cause I'd be rich.  :-[
Yeah id be a millionaire!
"A man can be destroyed, but not defeated."
The old man from Ernest Hemingway's The Old Man And The Sea

Offline crooketarrow

« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2011, 09:41:03 am »
   My old lady dos'nt even like to clean the house she dose it. But she dos'nt like it she'ed surely never go out and clean my shop. Really not sure if I ant her to. I really hate her to come in and move one thing. I'm sure your all just like me you know where everything is and it all has a place. She came out about 15 years ago said it smelled to animally. Has'nt been back sence she leaves me alone to do my thing she says. I like it that way.
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2011, 09:41:16 am »
Looks a lot like mine,the funny part is I know where everything is,if folks that use the tools will just put it back in the right pile, ;) ;D ;D As far as wood shavings and scrap wood it don't last long around my place.Man needs fire also. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2011, 11:08:54 am »
My shop/storage building is terrible.  Too bad for even me.
My wife really put her foot down the other day and demanded that I clean it.
Well, she would have....  She could not get in the door. ::)

I am going to clean it.   Someday......

David
David Key / N.W. Alabama

Offline Stingray45

« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2011, 03:39:09 pm »
I think I have a distinct advantage over most in that I dont have a physical "workshop" persay haha. The shed in the backyard is an ongoing process so right now I use the back deck of our townhouse. So I gotta cleanup everyday after I'm done or the old lady would have a fit and I gotta put the tools back in their place otherwise they wont fit in the house haha. But if you catch my work area mid way through some bow building it looks much the same.
Is there anything better than wandering the earth with a stick and string in your hand?

Offline johnston

« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2011, 04:49:53 pm »
Guys I started this thread mostly in jest cause of the way I have so many tools scattered. I have put most up two or three times only to get 'em back out. They can stay where they are. Never thought about putting the shavings on flowers but yeah, that would work. Speaking of plants, my wife read a few comments and said she was glad I did not post pic's of her planting tables. I reached for my camera and heard" Oh hell no!"
Still ain't got it back.

Lane