Author Topic: Just an observation...  (Read 4386 times)

blackhawk

Re: Just an observation...
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2011, 10:20:42 pm »
Huh?...what?...Did you guys say something. Sorry I was to busy staring off into the woods and didn't hear what ya said.  :D

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2011, 11:13:48 pm »
You guys are a bunch of fruitcakes's!......................................................................................a glint of hackberry bark will put me in the ditch.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline SEMO_HUNTER

• Southeast Mo. Redneck!!
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2011, 11:32:43 pm »
I find myself checking out websites pertaining to Flooring more and more these days. Not because I want to remodel the house mind you, but wondering which of these other woods would work great as a belly for a bow.  :-\

Tigerwood is kinda perty and it's listed as a hardwood, Purple Heart is really pretty and strong as hell, but so is the Brazilian Cherry and red would look rather nice with the yellow of osage if I don't allow it to see any sunlight before putting a few coats of finish on it. Hmmmmmm...........what to do, what to do...........I guess I'll just take 4 strips of everything and send me a price quote for the whole bundle please.  ;D
~Varitas Vos Liberabit~ John 8:32

Offline BowJunkie

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2011, 12:20:58 am »
LMAO I so can relate to what you guys are saying, My wife thinks I have lost it.
We just had a few small tornados touch down last week, and man oh man at the potential bow staves around town.
Problem is you have to act quick before they get cut up, Luckily I have a chain saw, maul, splitting wedges and Glue in my truck at all times. ::)
Johnny
in Texas

Offline Lemos

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2011, 01:42:55 pm »
My wife is ready to kill me if I stop at one more city tree crew to see what there cutting down. (Did you know you can trade 5 white mochas for mini van load of pear and apple)

Offline adb

« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2011, 02:09:20 pm »
We have a pear tree in our backyard, and everytime I look at it, my wife points her finger at me and says NO!

Offline johnston

« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2011, 07:27:32 pm »
To get home from work I have to drive through the little town where I grew up to get to the tiny town I live in now. Anyhow the old home town has it's streets lined with crape myrtle most of which is pretty gnarly(I checked) but at the one stoplight there is a 2"to 3" trunk with no limbs, straight as can be. Big old tree the one piece would never be missed unless someone saw you/me cutting it. I have been planning a raid ever since ken75 posted that 50"53# crape myrtle dark stained bow.

If I get caught, hell, blame Ken.

Lane

Offline k-hat

« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2011, 11:43:21 pm »
So, I'm perhaps not the only one who's thought of approaching the farmer next door to see if i can take that persimmon tree off his hands that he probly doesn't even know exists?  And how many times I've nearly run off the road leaving my kids school cuz there's still a nice straight oak tree that got uprooted by the heavy winds a few weeks ago . . . just sit'n there . . . whispering . . . "take me I'm yours!"  Wait, what'r we talkin about?  Really, wonder if that po-po hanging out in the school zone would freak out if i stopped and got out with a chainsaw >:D

Offline Lee Slikkers

« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2011, 11:46:27 pm »
Hey Stixman, just make sure you take the Hockey Mask off before you pull the cord on that 2 stroke and I bet the po-po won't even put down his coffee  8)
~ Lee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
— Aldo Leopold

Offline Josh B

« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2011, 01:07:00 am »
Try driving a semi pulling a tanker all over the nation.  More than once the po-po has pulled up behind my truck while it was on the shoulder with four ways on.  while I'm crashing through timber trying to find bow wood I don't have at home, the po-po's trying to figure out where the missing truck driver is.  Long explanations about what I'm doing usually end up with the officer walking back to his car shaking his head.

Offline Lee Slikkers

« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2011, 09:53:48 am »
Now that is pretty funny Gun Doc...I'm sure they wonder why you don't just admit to "shatting in the woods" in stead of making up some wild tale about hunting for bow wood  ;D
~ Lee

"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
— Aldo Leopold

Offline Josh B

« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2011, 08:13:28 pm »
That excuse probably would save a lot of time and confusion.  Thanks for the tip.  But uh, how do I explain the log I'm carrying out of the woods, when my story is that I left a log in the woods? :D   lmao

Offline dbb

« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2011, 10:50:31 pm »
Just tell them its all about equilibrium,you left one,and take one ;D

/Mikael
It's better to ask and look like a fool than not to ask and remain one...

Stringman

« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2011, 12:36:05 pm »
I believe they call that "Zen."