Author Topic: Little rusty  (Read 2641 times)

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
Little rusty
« on: June 04, 2011, 04:02:09 pm »
Just been doing some rough bi-facing here lately and have gotten rusty on the fine tuning. Trying to take off this little remnant of bark that had stacked and pop. Didn't know it was soft all the way through. Think them guys hammering on that tank were distracting me anyway ::). OK - next..
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Tower

Re: Little rusty
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 06:24:54 pm »
Sometimes  it's feels good to just biface. Nice ones.
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 07:17:26 pm »
Well now you can make 2 points  ;D
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline cowboy

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2011, 07:59:31 pm »
Yeah, Tower. I usually wind up leaning on the tailgate with a rock and a beer in the evenings here - kinda after work therapy ::). My ammunition is getting a little low Nugget, I'll prolly tackle those two points tomorrow..
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2011, 09:25:32 pm »
Hey Paul...Ya need an Operator fer dat leeedle Baby 60 ton Crane ya got der....I could use some Knappin Lessons!!
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline cowboy

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2011, 10:50:57 pm »
You bet Mike. I know this is just a little picker for you but in other phases when we're working on top you'd fit right in ;D. And I'd love to have somebody around that gives a care about an arrahead..

JustinNC

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2011, 12:00:00 am »
Looks good Paul!

Offline toms22

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2011, 02:01:33 am »
Keep trying brother. Your work is great. I broke several, maybe I learned someting form the break. Keep up the good work.

Offline cowboy

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2011, 09:36:01 pm »
Fixed half of it. Maybe i'll go smaller still or just mail it jackcrafty :).

Offline JEB

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2011, 09:03:36 am »
Lemonade out of lemons for sure.  Good looking points and would certainly take a deer if used.  Someday I will be there.

Offline Tower

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2011, 01:14:13 pm »
Heck you can still get two points out of it. Build ya a new base & go after it. Nice points. Whats the material?
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

Offline cowboy

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2011, 02:10:43 pm »
It's pederanales from LoCoste, TX south of San Antonio. This one had a chalky line where it broke on the larger blade. Thanks guys..

Offline JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
  • Sorry Officer, I was just gathering "materials".
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2011, 03:18:16 pm »
I'll take it!
Any critter tastes good with enough butter on it.

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas
Youtube: JackCrafty, Allergic Hobbit, Patrick Blank

Where's Rock? Public Waterways, Road Cuts, Landscape Supply, Knap-Ins.
How to Cook It?  200° for 24hrs then 275° to 500° for 4hrs (depending on type), Cool for 12hr

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2011, 10:44:28 pm »
La Coste is where I ended up on my Texas rock hunt. Your notching is a little off on the left one, but all three look good. ::) ;D
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

JustinNC

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2011, 11:06:36 pm »
La Coste is where I ended up on my Texas rock hunt. Your notching is a little off on the left one, but all three look good. ::) ;D

Was that when ole Cowboy was studying up on immigration and couldnt come help ya? :D