Author Topic: La Jaguar, Colombia,,Pictures added  (Read 11208 times)

Offline Keenan

Re: La Jaguar, Colombia,,Pictures added
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2011, 12:44:45 pm »
Cool pics Eddie, Are those rags sealing the lids on the gas bombs,,,,,,I mean tanks? :o :o :o  Talk about a ticking time bomb ::)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2011, 02:53:20 pm »
 Yea, Keenan, they are rags. It's hard to believe this town hasn't burnt to the ground. Here's a few more;
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 02:58:29 pm by mullet »
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Keenan

« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2011, 03:00:23 pm »
Hey Eddie, Are any of those iguanas big enough for skin backings? ;D ;D

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2011, 03:04:48 pm »
Keenan, I saw some 4-5 feet long. The one in the picture was about 2 1/2' long. I saw a few Boa's in the 8' to 10' range.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
  • Sorry Officer, I was just gathering "materials".
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2011, 03:42:00 pm »
Thanks for the pictures, Eddie!  Looks really wet and muggy, but the mountains look fantastic!
Any critter tastes good with enough butter on it.

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas
Youtube: JackCrafty, Allergic Hobbit, Patrick Blank

Where's Rock? Public Waterways, Road Cuts, Landscape Supply, Knap-Ins.
How to Cook It?  200° for 24hrs then 275° to 500° for 4hrs (depending on type), Cool for 12hr

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2011, 04:44:32 pm »
Patrick, It is really a beautiful place. It is really too bad that it is just too dangerous to go out exploring on your own. You can see how poor some of the people are so a lot of them wouldn't think twice about robbing a Gringo or worse. It was about 90 dgs and humidity around 80%. And we had to wear longsleeve shirts in the mine.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2011, 11:15:15 am »
That whole town could go up like Guernica with a small fire
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline stickbender

« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2011, 04:27:52 pm »

Town? Uh....ok.....was the shack with the tin roof the Mayor's house?  I would hate to see the jail.  I would hate to be in it!
If it weren't for the Mountains, I would almost say you were in Indiantown....... ;D
So how was the cervasa in Panama?  Did you sample the empanadas in the case next to you?  Or were that something different?  Well it looks like you were in "Good" company while you worked, or what ever it is you did down there....... ::)  Finished a new book did you?  Aw, why didn't you just reach down pick up that beautiful little cuddly Centipede, and pet it.  Or that friendly Iguana.....with the sharp little teeth, and long cat like claws.......I am very familiar with what an iguana can do with those claws, and teeth! :o  They do taste like chicken though, so I have been told by a friend of mine who used to go to Nicaragua to Dove hunt, before the Sandinistas took over.
Well glad that you made it back, and I don't have to send the $7.50 in nickels that I collected for your release to the leftist guerrilla's.  But if they had kidnapped you I would have helped Cathy, get rid of all that ol rock, and pieces of scrap wood in the shed, and the beer too, and that ol clunky jeep, and the guns, and the bows.......  You know so in case she was contacted she would have the cash ready to get you released..... ::)  Yeah, Eddie I would do that for you, it's just the kind of guy I am.  It's no big deal, it's just me.......always ready to help out..... ;D  So are there any mines in Somali, you might get sent to?  I could you know, keep an eye on your stuff, till you got back from there...... ;D ;D ;D
Glad you got back ok, and man, you were near the border.  I hope they weren't mining underneath the border, and taking Venezuela's coal..... ;D ;D

Offline johnston

« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2011, 05:02:39 pm »
Thank you for the tour Eddie, I really enjoyed it.

Lane

Offline Mechslasher

« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2011, 03:10:06 am »
glad you made it back bro!  i'll call tomorrow and get some of the juicier details.  by the look of the town, you could live like king off $100 bill for at least a year.
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money." 

G. Gordon Liddy

Offline Sparrow

• Who shot cock robin ? I said the sparrow.
    • Dream Fish Charters
« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2011, 12:24:07 pm »
 Nice show ! Thanks Eddie   '  Frank
Frank (The Sparrow) Pataha, Washington

Offline predatorcaller

• life is short-enjoy it
« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2011, 11:37:01 am »
Were you over working or visiting?Looks similar to Peru.We spent 2 weeks there(Peru) in Jan. 09 and saw a lot of the backstreet areas.Lot of rough living conditions but to be honest all the people we had the pleasure of meeting were very happy and content.Looks like a cool place to visit.have a great day-Lloyd

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2011, 08:23:44 pm »
Loyd;
I was working. That's why I had to listen to HR and move into the secure compound. The guys I was working with lived mostly in that town and were some of the nicest people I met there. They were also some of the ones that told me I needed to move into the compound for my safety.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2011, 08:55:23 pm »
It was about 90 dgs and humidity around 80%. And we had to wear longsleeve shirts in the mine.

You Poor Thang You...try wearing Long Sleeved FRC Shirts...and FRC Jeans all Day...every Day at Work...no matter how damned Hot I know....They suck.... ;D
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2011, 11:52:21 pm »
Thanks, Darling :-* :-* at least the Engineer was pleasant on the eyes.
Lakeland, Florida