Author Topic: latest points and advice needed on what to do  (Read 1773 times)

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
latest points and advice needed on what to do
« on: June 02, 2011, 07:28:06 pm »
Here are a few points from the limited time knapping I have. I need advice on what to do with the rhyolite biface. Thinking about an axe. Any comments or suggestions?
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline nugget

Re: latest points and advice needed on what to do
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 07:29:30 pm »
couple more
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline sailordad

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 08:21:58 pm »
nice points

but as far as the rhyo biface goes
myself, i would leave it be
i hate that crap,thats the only rock i WONT hit anymore  >:(
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline nugget

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 08:59:47 pm »
I have my moments with the rhyolite. The biface is the best I have had going with it yet.

Offline nclonghunter

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2011, 09:10:08 pm »
Nice work on those points.

That "Rhyo Beast" would make a dandy axe..
There are no bad knappers, only bad flakes

Offline nugget

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2011, 10:22:18 pm »
I figure that the rhyo would make a decent axe head.

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2011, 10:25:14 pm »
I'm sure you could beat the hell out of a tree with that and not hurt it at all, hehehe. I'd mount it and call it an axe - that stuff is some kinda tuff!
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline nugget

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2011, 01:14:56 am »
C'mon cowboy. Some of the stuff I got from you seems tougher than the rhyolite. Maybe I am a glutton for punishment?  I thought I sent you decent rhyolite? Found some more green if you want it.

JustinNC

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2011, 11:24:23 am »
Thin it down some more and make a big ole Savannah River or Morrow Mountain blade....I'm a sucker for a big perdy Savannah River....incredible work by the way. And.............WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN??...Nah I know you got a lot going on buddy. I'll give you a call this weekend, been too long since we talked.

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2011, 11:38:23 am »
I've still got plenty of the green stuff at the moment ::). Found one in there that is a little different, going to try and heat it see what happens. Everybody loves to hate that pederanales but if ya heat it-it makes pretty good flint.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.