Author Topic: American Warbow Society  (Read 53395 times)

Offline Ringeck85

Re: American Warbow Society
« Reply #75 on: January 12, 2012, 01:26:18 am »
Ah, ok, a members only forum.  I read that the yearly membership for them resets in June, so if I tried to sign up for it now for a yearly membership, it would only go till June.  That's correct, right?  That's an odd membership policy, though I suppose it both discourages casual members and encourages signing up in June or whenever the ideal time is.
"It is how we choose what we do, and how we approach it, that determines whether the sum of our days adds up to a formless blur, or to something resembling a work of art."
-Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi

(Ren', in Wytheville, VA)

Offline Yeomanbowman

• warbowwales
« Reply #76 on: January 12, 2012, 10:07:30 am »
http://warbowaustralia.weebly.com/
Interesting site. 
I notice you have taken the Livery and 1/4lb arrow drawings and text from the EWBS website but not credited it to Jeremy Spencer as it appears there.  The Standard arrow text/drawing is Hugh Soar's work.    Please credit the people whose work you have posted on your site.
Well done to Mark Stretton on his distance shooting world records.  I wasn't aware he'd achieved those so congratulations are due.  What were they for, please?

Diolch,
Jeremy
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 10:17:03 am by Yeomanbowman »

Offline Ian.

« Reply #77 on: January 12, 2012, 04:03:39 pm »
The EWBS membership is based on shooting member (£20) and non-shooting member (£5) I don't know about registering now and what membership time you would get you could email them directly and ask.
ALways happy to help anyone get into heavy weight archery: https://www.facebook.com/bostonwarbowsbows/

Offline peasant1381

« Reply #78 on: January 13, 2012, 07:37:37 am »
Hi Jeremy
The EWBS stuff (yours and Hugh's stuff) on the Aussie site is nowt to do with me. You'll need to contact them directly as I don't think any of them post on here.
Ta
Keith

Offline Jeanette

« Reply #79 on: February 01, 2012, 05:18:47 am »
Sounds great to me but right now I am starting at sq. one....anyone in South Louisiana ?? I was in the SCA for awhile so this is interesting to me
Jeanette

Offline Ringeck85

« Reply #80 on: February 04, 2012, 11:40:36 pm »
Hi Jeanette!  I'm close to square one as well in warbow shooting (i.e. I do not have a warbow yet I have to work up to that draw weight), so no worries: we'll all get there eventually.

Feel free to join the contact list at:
americanwarbow@gmail.com

And we also have a facebook group here, just ask to be added:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/316734581697101/

So far, I haven't seen any contacts from South Louisiana; the closest members to you are in Texas and florida.  But invite your friends and anyone else you might know in your area that could practice archery with you!

-Jonathan
"It is how we choose what we do, and how we approach it, that determines whether the sum of our days adds up to a formless blur, or to something resembling a work of art."
-Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi

Offline deerhunter97370

« Reply #81 on: February 05, 2012, 07:59:45 am »
I figured I should post my name and town since I'm on the Facebook group too. Joel Reed Philomath,OR
Always be ready to: Preach, Pray, or Die. John Wesley

Offline Ringeck85

« Reply #82 on: February 05, 2012, 11:29:19 pm »
gotcha on there!  Awesome.
-Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi

Offline carpenter374

« Reply #83 on: February 10, 2012, 03:45:23 am »
I'm very interested in this. I live in Western Oklahoma. Anyone care to pm me a link for rules and such? How do I join?
"Those who would sacrifice their freedom for safety will find that they will inherit neither." -Ben Franklin     

--Carpenter

Offline fishfinder401

• noel laflamme noellaf2@cox.net
« Reply #84 on: February 10, 2012, 02:44:25 pm »
pm ringneck, he will put you on the mailng list,
warbows and fishing, what else is there to do?
modern technology only takes you so far, remove electricity and then what

Offline Ringeck85

« Reply #85 on: February 10, 2012, 03:24:41 pm »
Hi carpenter!

the contact list is: americanwarbow@gmail.com (just send me an e-mail and I'll add ya)

and there's a facebook group for the American Warbow Society as well, just request to join and one of us will add you there.
-Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi

Offline Jay

« Reply #86 on: February 21, 2012, 01:37:00 pm »
Wow!! things are moving along a bit. Cool. I haven't been on for a while:) I sent my name in for the e-mail updates.
Jay from Wisconsin

I am looking forward to reading the first draft of the mission statement.

Thanks to the folks who are taking the lead on this!!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 04:08:17 pm by Jay »

Offline amadorbowman

« Reply #87 on: March 05, 2012, 03:38:15 pm »
I would definitely be interested as well!

Offline Ironmonger

« Reply #88 on: March 21, 2012, 04:57:23 pm »
Joined on Facebook, mapped on google and joined on Stick and String...

Currently tillering on Take 2 for the Warbow... hoping I don't blow this one up too!
Sure I can pull that bow, can you?

Offline Dag

• Warbow Trials
« Reply #89 on: March 21, 2012, 05:04:11 pm »
Welcome Ironmonger! I added you to the facebook group earlier today. Nice to have you along! Keep us posted on how that warbow is going! Im currently working on a hick/ipe/boo warbow :)