Author Topic: This should be fun  (Read 1489 times)

Offline jonathan creason

This should be fun
« on: June 01, 2011, 04:41:05 pm »
I competed in strength athletics for several years, before it got to be too time and money consuming.  Here recently I've decided to try to loose some of the weight I worked so hard to put on, and got back to running with the hopes of doing a 5k or something soon.  Well, I signed up for that 5k today, ony this one has a few twists thrown in for fun.

http://www.metrodash.com/info/

As an aside, I'm now under 220 lbs.  I feel like crying.   :'(
Cleveland, NC

"The only thing cooler than bands that gets lots of chicks are bands that scare chicks." - Beavis

HatchA

Re: This should be fun
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 06:01:36 pm »
My knees are screaming at me just reading that!!

Best of luck, pal :)

Offline johnston

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 07:27:57 pm »
jonathan, my son told me this weekend he had signed up for a 52.2 mile ultra-marathon. Told him the same thing I'm telling you...Are you out of your bleeping mind?

Lane

Offline Lee Slikkers

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 09:35:37 pm »
Have at it man...make sure you take someone along to snap a pic of you as you cross the finish line  >:D
~ Lee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
— Aldo Leopold
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline jonathan creason

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2011, 12:13:13 am »
jonathan, my son told me this weekend he had signed up for a 52.2 mile ultra-marathon. Told him the same thing I'm telling you...Are you out of your bleeping mind?

Lane

Oh, I'm definitely out of my mind.  ;D
Cleveland, NC

"The only thing cooler than bands that gets lots of chicks are bands that scare chicks." - Beavis

Offline hammertime

• no shoes no shirt, no problems
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2011, 12:34:44 am »
I signed  up for my 4th and hopefully final marathon this fall -the milwaukee lakefront marathon yeah crazy but fun good luck on your run jonathon-Hammertime