Author Topic: International Warbow Meet  (Read 10021 times)

Offline Ian.

Re: International Warbow Meet
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2011, 03:07:48 pm »
I will get the direct email of someone that knows about these things for you, but there are members abroad that have formed groups under the EWBS and if the group is large enough the forum can be made to accommodate them. The dutch do have there own section of the forum for their events and stuff.
ALways happy to help anyone get into heavy weight archery: https://www.facebook.com/bostonwarbowsbows/

Offline Dag

• Warbow Trials
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2011, 10:00:05 pm »
Wonderful! Thank you very much for your help Ian!

Offline nidrinr

« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2011, 07:59:09 am »
About warbows on planes, using SAS I paid a nice price for a tube of bows and another with arrows taped to it flying Oslo-Heathrow-Oslo. Even though it's in and out of the EU. Sports equipment is a category not charged too high, and as they were unable to find "warbows" as a description of goods they put it in the same as skiing equipment. I don't remember what I paid for it, but I would have remembered if it was an unfair price to it.
About EWBS, we've just started competing in the same classes as the ones used by EWBS up here, and we'll make a list of the national records for each category.  

Offline CraigMBeckett

« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2011, 05:07:05 am »
About warbows on planes, using SAS I paid a nice price for a tube of bows and another with arrows taped to it flying Oslo-Heathrow-Oslo. Even though it's in and out of the EU. Sports equipment is a category not charged too high, and as they were unable to find "warbows" as a description of goods they put it in the same as skiing equipment. I don't remember what I paid for it, but I would have remembered if it was an unfair price to it.
About EWBS, we've just started competing in the same classes as the ones used by EWBS up here, and we'll make a list of the national records for each category.  

nidrinr,

You say they could not find warbow as a category, did you try "Archery Equipment" I ask because I believe that was the category of sports equipment used When my brother and his mates took their bows from Here in Australia to New Zealand, don't believe they were charged  anything same as most golfers are not charged for their golf bags. Still that was a few years ago and things may have changed.

Craig

Offline nidrinr

« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2011, 11:49:25 am »
From Norway you are charged no matter what sports equipment it is, but it's a fair price from some flight companies while others rob you. Bringing ski equipment is quite cheap here, as it is a very common thing to bring for Norwegians.

Offline CraigMBeckett

« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2011, 11:01:27 pm »
nidrinr

Bringing ski equipment is quite cheap here, as it is a very common thing to bring for Norwegians.

Of course it would be, how silly of me, should have thought of that before posting.

Craig.