Author Topic: copper covered hickory  (Read 1831 times)

Offline jturkey

• I wouldn't make it a habit calling me that!
copper covered hickory
« on: May 31, 2011, 02:17:44 am »
I started this bow fro my brother but now he stated he would perfer to have a self on it for his arrows. but anyways it is 65" ntn 1/2" at the tips 5 in handle up to 1 and 5/8 " at the fades going out 8 inches then tapering to the 1/2" it was naturally deflexed so i did not change anything even though i thought about taking it out but with the humidity that we have here in the spring and summer i figured why try it when it will probally take set any ways but luckly it did not take any set does have just a little string follow aftwer being  unstrung for about 30 minutes it is gone. pulls right at 59#s @ 28" was going for 60 but that is close enough for me. finally got those copperheads both at 29" a piece tried a new glue it was elmers wood glue max water proof and stainable easy to work with even for a beginner. got 2 pieces of osage glue together with it right now under stress trying to see if it will let go.
the hickory bow shoots a 650 gr cane arrow 27" long with 5.5" turkey feathers well over my 140 yard range at less than 45 degrees. the arrows are flying out of it shot mostly cane and a few pine hand planed arrows with undefined spine and weight but they also seem to be moving very fast out of this bow i love it now to figure a way to get a shelf on it i will get a full draw when i have someone else to draw it or snap the picture.
doc

Offline jturkey

Re: copper covered hickory
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 02:19:13 am »
more pictures
doc

Offline tattoo dave

• Rockford, MI
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011, 09:38:52 am »
That's pretty sweet Jturkey!!! You cab send it to me if your brother doesn't want it ;D
Rockford, MI

Offline crooketarrow

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2011, 10:00:24 am »
   My favoret combo.
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING

Offline rainman

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2011, 10:13:07 am »
Put one of Mickey Lotz floppy rest on it.

blackhawk

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2011, 10:21:42 am »
Full draw photo?

Offline jturkey

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2011, 12:00:23 pm »
still waiting on someone to show up to draw it or snap the picture but i'll get it.
doc

Offline ErictheViking

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2011, 01:11:23 pm »
looks good, nice job laying down the skins
"He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart"  C.S. Lewis