Author Topic: Memorial Day  (Read 1588 times)

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
Memorial Day
« on: May 30, 2011, 07:01:33 am »
I hope that everyone has a great Memorial.  Let's all take a minute and remember what this day is about and give thanks for what we have because of the ones that made the sacrifice for all of us.

Offline n2huntn

• jeff_smith13@hotmail.com ROLL TIDE !
Re: Memorial Day
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 09:28:58 am »
Great message. Hope yours is safe and happy too.
Jeff
Genesis 27: 3

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 07:32:23 pm »
Amen to that Charlie.................thanks to one and all.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2011, 08:12:57 pm »
Yes Sir...Charlie...A lot of Good men and Women gave Their All to keep this Country what it still is Today...a lot of them gave Their lives in pursuit of this...I thank Them One and All
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2011, 03:48:42 am »
Amen, and I second that! I have a lesson planned for tomorrow on the importance and significance of this special holiday. My students will know why we didn't have school on Monday.
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Grunt

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2011, 09:00:24 pm »
Had a traditional Lakota Warriors Welcome Home ceremony a couple of weeks ago. The Welcome home ceremony was the first time I found myself honoring my enemies. A big step in healing.
Monday we had a small traditional Warriors Honoring ceremony for Veterans ranging in age from early twenties to geezers like me at 64. Pretty cool when the women sang out in tremolo. Dominate culture doesn't have these very needed ceremonies.