Author Topic: Osage Blanks  (Read 8418 times)

Offline TheWildCat

Osage Blanks
« on: May 25, 2011, 10:57:47 am »
   I was wonderin ifin anyone has had any experience with Gary Davis, Rattlestick Bows? I been interested in callin em and orderin a stave from em. Bein a poor boy, wanted to hear from some a y'all before I plot down the few dollars I do have. I know they have been around fer quite a while, as I see their avertisements in some of the older magazines that I have. That in and of itself, leads me to think they must have a pretty good product. Would like to see some pics of a finsihed bow ifn any y'all have tried em. Anyone tried em?
"Ifin it Ain't Pork...It Ain't BBQ!!!

TheWildCat

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: Osage Blanks
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 11:04:04 am »
I have never bought one from Gary. I can tell you Gary is the straightest shooter around and will give the best osage bow blank money can buy. Most are just short of being shootable when you get them.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 11:05:05 am »
I've never bought a bow blank from him, but I have talked to him at 2 different events.  You won't find a nicer guy.  I have never heard anyone say a bad word about him.  He gave me advice and some helpfull tips on bow building.  He has a DVD for sale also.  I whish I had it when I started building bows.  Best of luck to you.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline HoBow

• The choices we make dictate the lives we lead.
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 11:16:55 am »
Gary is great to deal with and will help you with any questions you have or concerns.
Jeff Utley- Atlanta GA

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 12:26:22 pm »
Good friend and a truly great guy to deal with,he has some premium stuff to boot. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline TheWildCat

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2011, 06:05:09 pm »
Thanks Guys...The pictures he display sure look nice. It is great to know ifin I buy from him, that he is of such good character. I think I will be callin him to see whats he's got.
"Ifin it Ain't Pork...It Ain't BBQ!!!

TheWildCat

Offline Bighornangler

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2011, 11:50:19 pm »
You can't go wrong with Gary. Super nice guy and great to deal with. I bought a blank from him and couldn't be more pleased. I'm happy with the way it turned out.
New Jersey

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2011, 11:52:46 pm »
I've two of his I purchased and then built at the Classic.  Top quality and he's a nice guy.
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline BobM

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2011, 02:00:57 am »
I hardly ever post here so my name is not well known, but I have been scraping on wood and ruining good staves for a pretty good while now, for what thats worth. Every once in a while one of them will shoot an arrow for a ways. ::)

That said, I have bought 4 staves/blanks from Gary Davis and they were TOP quality. Have never met him, though we have talked numerous times on the phone. My opinion is he is a No1 stand-up fellow with a wealth of knowledge and great to do business with!

BobM

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2011, 09:56:27 am »
I've known Gary for many years, and his staves are top quality and he stands behind them. Can't go wrong dealing with Gary!
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline knightd

• www.primalneedarchery.com
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2011, 11:33:14 am »
He has some of the best roughed out staves you will find !

Offline snag

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2011, 12:01:48 pm »
How does one get ahold of Gary?
Is. 49:2 ....He made me a polished arrow and concealed me in His quiver.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2011, 12:13:19 pm »
989-845-7740   Tell him Pappy said call. ;) 
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2011, 12:48:32 pm »
Gary is a close personal friend of mine.  I've worked with Gary for years.  I can say, he is meticulous when it comes to any product he sells, especially bow blanks.  You are sure to get a quality shipment.  Are you from Michigan?  He will be at the Primitive Rendezvous in Marshall, this weekend.  I believe he'll be bringing some blanks with him. 

Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline Easternarcher

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2011, 02:24:08 pm »
hmmmm, wonder if he'd ship to Canada??? ::)