Author Topic: Get Low...  (Read 2045 times)

HatchA

Get Low...
« on: May 23, 2011, 06:43:47 pm »
So...  we watched this film last night and neither of us (my wife or I) had a clue what it was about.  Turned out to be a very lovely film about a Tennessee hermit named "Felix Bush" (though I think his real name was Felix "Bush" Breazeale) who organised his own "funeral party" cos he wanted people to know the truth about him. 

I found myself envying his lifestyle - portrayed in the movie, anyway.  I know a lot of stuff is subject to "artistic license" and when they start messing around with the timeline of things - the party and his eventual death - it just pissed me off a bit  >:(

Anyhoo...  Anyone else on here seen this film?  Stars Robert Duvall, Bill Murray and Sissy Spacek (among others).  I kept drooling at the countless trees that looked perfect for choppin' down an' splittin' into staves :)  Shame they filmed it in Georgia instead of Tennessee - I had visions of seeing a load of archers in the background... ;D

Pappy...  you ever hear anything about him?  Any myths or legends you heard growing up?

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
Re: Get Low...
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 07:00:21 pm »
My wife and I saw the film and we really enjoyed it.  Had a good twist to it like an O Henry, Kate Chopin, and Saki story.. Turnes out the guy was not that bad and he punished himself for sins commited...
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline Parnell

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 05:20:27 pm »
Saw that one a couple of months ago, it was good.
1’—>1’

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 06:10:26 pm »
I've seen it a couple of times, liked it a lot.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline johnston

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 12:05:41 am »
What is the name of this movie? Felix Bush?

Criveraville I sometimes punish myself for sins omitted.

Lane

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2011, 07:28:04 am »
No I haven't seen it,I will have to look that up and see if I can find it. Lane  ;D ;D ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

HatchA

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2011, 12:56:20 pm »
Film's called "Get Low"

Lane...  That's the second time you've put a grin on my face in the past few weeks :)  I dread to think what the "sins omitted" might be, let alone what the punishment is...  ;D  hehehe

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2011, 02:48:23 am »
Johnston,

I had to read that a few times to get it :D

I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.