Author Topic: Whoopee - UK first Primitive Bowyers/Archery meet this weekend  (Read 7346 times)

Offline bobnewboy

• https://www.flickr.com/photos/bob_d14/
    • The Company of Sixty Field Archers
Re: Whoopee - UK first Primitive Bowyers/Archery meet this weekend
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2011, 07:06:21 pm »
Here are a few, including images of Del the Cat, MarkinEngland, Backgaedenrbowyer and more..... ;D
"The Englishman takes great pride in his liberty. He values this gift more than all the joys of life, and would sacrifice everything to retain it. The populace would have you understand there is no country in the world where such perfect freedom can be enjoyed, as in England!" Frenchman, London 1719

Offline bobnewboy

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2011, 07:07:56 pm »
...and a couple more.  All pics by Helene.....
"The Englishman takes great pride in his liberty. He values this gift more than all the joys of life, and would sacrifice everything to retain it. The populace would have you understand there is no country in the world where such perfect freedom can be enjoyed, as in England!" Frenchman, London 1719

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2011, 07:39:14 pm »
Keep em coming!  8) It all looks so familiar to me!  8)  8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline ErictheViking

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2011, 10:33:04 pm »
love the pics so far(definately want more), especially like the primative arrow, I would be willing to bet that was Del's idea. ;D
"He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart"  C.S. Lewis

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2011, 05:24:59 am »
love the pics so far(definately want more), especially like the primative arrow, I would be willing to bet that was Del's idea. ;D
Nope... not me!
Del (I was quiet and well behaved O:))
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline ErictheViking

« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2011, 06:07:56 pm »
Can't blame me for thinking it was you Del, you have a certain humor that fits that arrow. (I appreciate it btw). ;D
"He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart"  C.S. Lewis

Offline bobnewboy

« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2011, 11:00:53 am »
That primitive arrow was part of a layout by Bob Miles  8).  Many (most?) of us who shoot primitive over here do so in the National Field Archery Society, and we (especially Bob) have become used to the general joshing that we get.  For some reason everyone thinks that we should be shooting arrows like that  ;D

There are a few more pics available at Sam Moss' blog, which if it's OK I will link from here (nothing commercial on it!):

http://samwisemoss.wordpress.com/2011/05/16/prehistoric-archery-atlatl-societys-first-ever-weekend-comp/

It was a great weekend, and great job done by Wally.

//Bob

Offline Parnell

« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2011, 11:48:01 am »
Looks like a great time and good weather.  Congratulations on a success!
1’—>1’

Offline fusizoli

« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2011, 12:02:32 pm »
Looking a great time and a weather for u guys. May next time schould go  :'(

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2011, 01:23:52 am »
Looks like a very fun weekend and thanks for putting up Sam's blog. I like her slant on things.  8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline bigcountry

« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2011, 01:56:15 am »
Man, they would wait until June 23.  I will be in Bristol to Cornwall area then for work.
Westminster, MD