Author Topic: Whats the count?  (Read 21745 times)

Offline Blacktail

Re: Whats the count?
« Reply #75 on: June 08, 2011, 06:35:44 pm »
well mine is shipped..and i am waiting...the only trouble is that i am moving next week so i will be having fun with mail..LOL..

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #76 on: June 08, 2011, 09:00:12 pm »
I asked about insurance and the PO told me that I would have to show a reciept to prove the value.  I told them I didn't have a receipt since I made it.  They told me I couldn't insure it then.  Somebody should be getting a white PVC tube from Indiana any day now.  Hope you like it.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline wildkatt

« Reply #77 on: June 11, 2011, 11:39:20 am »
 8)
I didnt claw my way to the top of the food chain to eat vegies

Offline sailordad

« Reply #78 on: June 11, 2011, 01:43:44 pm »
I asked about insurance and the PO told me that I would have to show a reciept to prove the value.  I told them I didn't have a receipt since I made it.  They told me I couldn't insure it then.  Somebody should be getting a white PVC tube from Indiana any day now.  Hope you like it.

my brother works for USPS
he once told me as far as they are concerned,if its hand made its worthless  :-\
he also said becuase of that that i shouldnt even waste my money insuring items i ship
becuase if i were to file a claim,odds are they would never pay out just for the fact it is hand made
so i never insure anything i ship
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #79 on: June 11, 2011, 02:00:28 pm »
I never insure any things(bows, arrows, etc) I ship. I do ship USPS, Priority with delivery comfirmation. With priority mail fewer hands touch your package in shipping and with delivery confirmation it can be tracked.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 02:50:10 pm by Pat B »
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline wildkatt

« Reply #80 on: June 13, 2011, 12:49:21 pm »
OK Times almost up (lol) So far as near as i can tell most everybody it happy with the bows they have received. So far this bow trade has been a great idea and im glad i participated.Still waiting for mine but i will be happy the bow i receive knowing that the person that made it put their time and energy in making it and did the best job they could. That being said. Im in for next year. LOL  >:D

Katt
I didnt claw my way to the top of the food chain to eat vegies

Offline woodsrunner

« Reply #81 on: June 13, 2011, 02:26:37 pm »
Still working on mine to send (company trips are killing me) and still waiting to recieve. 
Bowhunting is a passion, not an obsession. Its just hard for my wife to tell the difference sometimes.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #82 on: June 13, 2011, 11:08:58 pm »
I found a suspicious package at the door the other day.  Local bomb squad signed off on it, actually their dog lifted his leg on it.  I got it open, but it seemed to be jammed full of styrofoam and duct tape.  I immediately signed on to PA Forum and searched for a duct tape backed stryro bow thread but didn't get any hits.  Back to the drawing board.  I pulled out my pocket knife and started carefully cutting away at the duct tape.  Half an hour and two knife sharpenings later I retired to the shop for a tomahawk and a makeshift machete ground out of an old leaf spring from a two ton 1936 Dodge grain truck.

By the time I had hacked thru all the duct tape, the room was covered with shreds of styrofoam so that it looked like I'd left the windows open thru a South Dakota Blizzard!!!  And that's pretty darn appropriate because it was CHRISTMAS!!!!  The only thing missing was the famous leg lamp standing in the window!

SA (a.k.a. Shawn Acker) has turned out a fine osage piece with snakeskins from Criveraville.  He claims it is 45# draw, but it feels a bit more than that and it sure seems to handle the ash arrows matched to my 50# everyday shooter.  There are a number of choices that diverged from what I would have done with the stave, but SA is more than willing to discuss why he made the choices he did to turn out this bow.  In the end, not only will I have a fine bow to shoot, but I'm also going to learn from another bowyer, AND I've made a new friend.  I call that a nice trifecta.  Pictures coming!

I'm really pleased with what I received, I hope everyone else is as pleased with what they receive.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #83 on: June 20, 2011, 07:18:04 pm »
Shipped out my trade bow this morning so be on the look out xxxxxxxxxx ;D
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Josh Vance  Netarts OR. (Tillamook)

Offline Blacktail

« Reply #84 on: June 21, 2011, 01:14:11 am »
i am hoping its to some one that likes to hunt blacktails with it.. :D :D

Offline bcbull

« Reply #85 on: June 21, 2011, 02:22:37 am »
GOT MINE DONE FINNALY WORKS BEEN KILLIN ME  I WANNA PUT A COUPLE HINDERD SHOTS THRU IT MAKE SURE THEN IM GONNA SHIP IT  BROCK

Offline Michael C.

« Reply #86 on: June 22, 2011, 06:26:29 pm »
Finished tillering and sanding yesterday I just need to get my beeswax and oil on it and decide if I want to put a leather cover on the handle or leave that for the recipient to decide. Probably shoot a few hundred shots through this weekend to test it out :)
"Friendship makes prosperity more shining and lessens adversity by dividing and sharing it."

Cicero

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #87 on: June 22, 2011, 07:41:08 pm »
Started and abandoned a pyramid oak bow, too light.  Started an osage flatbow, but it has enough grain reversals that it will need to be tillered with sandpaper and scrapers - not enough time.  Started on my next osage stave, but the back of the bow is slightly cupped and it will take forever to chase a growthring with a shallow gouge chisel.  Found a roughed out osage ELB standing in the corner that I had forgotten and I've now got the bad kink steamed and bending to line up the string thru the handle.  Oy vay, why do I always wait until the last minute!?!?!?!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #88 on: June 22, 2011, 07:44:40 pm »
I hear ya I always wait till the last minute on most stuff too :-[ but just do what you can and if its late your in BIG trouble! lol ;D ;)
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #89 on: June 22, 2011, 11:10:08 pm »
Well my recipient got thier bow today so I hope to hear how they like it when they have time ;D

Josh