Author Topic: what's a good bow scale?  (Read 19112 times)

Offline FlintWalker

Re: what's a good bow scale?
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2009, 03:50:25 pm »
The first thing I ever used to check the weight of a bow was two 25# dumbells tied together and hung from the bowstring while it was on the tillering tree.  Kinda red-neckish, but it told me at what draw length my bow was 50#. ;D
 Now I use a viking scale.
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

martingh

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2011, 11:39:23 am »
yes, mostly bow scales don't show exact results even if you compare again and again but if we own a branded scale, the fluctuation can be narrowed and results will not reflect that much. In this regard, I will suggest you best scales from a best online website like digitalscalesaz.com which offered me a range of branded scales to choose from and that too at affordable prices.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 03:55:23 pm by Calendargirl »

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2011, 11:56:55 am »
The X-Spot has served me very well. It weighs about nothing so I like the accurate reading I get. And its digital with a two decimal point read out. I wouldnt trade it for any other style.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline k-hat

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2011, 01:55:38 pm »
Like others i started with a bathrooms scale and second thought it after i had one blow in tiller.  thought i was gonna hafta pay thru the nose for a good scale, then stumbled across a $5 fish scale at wallyworld with an analog dial.  shows 50# capacity but goes well beyond if you don't mind a little addition ;)  Has worked beautifully for me so far!   ;D