Author Topic: Kids Bow - Hickory/Teak  (Read 8129 times)

Offline GraysonM

Re: Kids Bow - Hickory/Teak
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2011, 10:49:13 pm »
Beautiful bow! And great choice on your son's name. You have good tastes!  ;) ;D

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2011, 01:15:24 am »
Hey Captain Crounch ;)

Way to keep up the good work.. Beautiful bow.. Good looking chap.. Nice form.. Same age as my little bow man.. He has good taste in bows too..  8)
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline Lee Slikkers

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2011, 11:07:19 am »
Beautiful bow! And great choice on your son's name. You have good tastes!  ;) ;D

Thanks Grayson...it IS a cool name.  I choose his name from an influential East Shore decoy carver whose decoy style I still admire to this day, his name is Grayson Chesser.  At the time I had never run into anyone with that name and thought it was very unique and special.
~ Lee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
— Aldo Leopold

Offline Lee Slikkers

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2011, 11:12:12 am »
Hey Captain Crounch ;)

Way to keep up the good work.. Beautiful bow.. Good looking chap.. Nice form.. Same age as my little bow man.. He has good taste in bows too..  8)

Hey, that's "Fruity Pebbles" to you Sir  ;D

The bow was a decent 1st effort with some issues but I learned a lot from it so it served us both well.  It's shame we live on opposite ends of the country as I bet our two lads would have a heyday running through the wilds chasing whatever they could find.  I saw the pics on your snake skinning thread with that bow from Ken and he sure looks like he is attached to that bow but then again who could blame him!  ;D
~ Lee

"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
— Aldo Leopold

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2011, 11:43:17 am »
Great picture,that is so good to see,the bow in beautiful,to bad about the frets. Tiller looks dead on,I wouldn't have thought it would have done that with such a good tiller. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Lee Slikkers

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2011, 02:48:57 pm »
Thanks Scott & Pappy!  Pappy, I am about 85% sure the frets are due to Teak being a poor choice for bows, particularly belly wood...the other 15% maybe due to the short length ntn.

~ Lee

— Aldo Leopold