Author Topic: West Texas Hog Hunting  (Read 9271 times)

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
Re: West Texas Hog Hunting
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2011, 11:46:36 pm »
Whats a Rasher? ??? ::)

Eddie...unless it means something different now a days...when I was a kid ...my Uncle called a Rasher ...a plate full of broiled Bacon...but I have been known to be wrong!!
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2011, 01:29:28 pm »
Here are some pics of Diego with a short bow made by Ken75.. He loves the bow and shots it well... W had a great time, but I did choke on the first evening and did not see them again... George, thats not the same sounder.. The one I shoot at was bigger about 30 animals and there were no black ones.. Only white and black spotted and a few brown ones..

You have more pigs than you thought, I think.. Great time.. Thank you for trying hard to put us over pigs. 
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2011, 03:34:07 pm »
Sadly, there aren't very many wild hogs with good enough belly for bacon.  I've killed 2 I think so far that were worthy of bacon, but I haven't mastered making bacon at all.  Both times I've tried I ended up with salt pork, and one of those wasn't very salty. :(

Cipriano, those pictures of Diego are great.  He sure does love that bow.  He was willing to shoot anything and I think tried just about everything we brought.  Had quite a few bows on the picnic table for awhile.  Great memories for sure.  Hmm, I hope you're right about having more than 1 sounder.  It's possible.  I wish I'd grabbed the gray stand trail cam pics before I left, we would have known for sure then.

We'll do it again.  Need a couple more folk so we have all the feeders covered.  Need to find the leak in the roof of my blind too. ???  My next time out there will likely be the weekend after Fathers Day.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline skyarrow

• Sterling Lynch Victoria, TX (361)935-1715 text me
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2011, 05:03:20 pm »
Hey George il talk to my wife maybe she will let me go with ya that weekend
"We don't have mistakes here, we just have happy accidents" Bob Ross RIP 1995

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2011, 05:21:01 pm »
Sounds good Sterling.  That's the weekend I'm trying to host a knappers get together.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline skyarrow

• Sterling Lynch Victoria, TX (361)935-1715 text me
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2011, 05:46:56 pm »
Just checked that's June 24-26 rite if it is I won't make that is my youngest bday weekend
"We don't have mistakes here, we just have happy accidents" Bob Ross RIP 1995

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2011, 06:01:06 pm »
Nope, I'm wrong about that.  My next trip looks like June 10-12, that's the date I was shooting to try and get some local bowyers/knappers there.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2011, 11:23:27 pm »
I don't know why Cipriano but that shirt your boy is wearing makes me think of Dr. Pepper for some odd reason ;D. Looks like he love his bow..
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2011, 11:38:59 pm »
Uhhh,, Paul, Dr Pepper is brown and says 10, 2, and 4.  ??? ::) ;)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2011, 11:53:14 pm »
Well, actually. I was reffering to Dublin. From what I understand, that's where Dr.Pepper made it's debout and that place is still up and running - OLD ;D.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.