Author Topic: Got a long skinny package today!  (Read 5507 times)

Offline Cameroo

• Cam's Stuff
Re: Got a long skinny package today!
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2011, 01:31:50 am »
I'm really lovin this bow Darcy.  I've been using it so much in the back yard, my accuracy is actually improving!  This is my tightest group yet, shot on one knee from about 15 yards.  For me, groups like this are few and far between, so I just had to brag ;)

Offline DEllis

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2011, 02:26:27 am »
Wow that bow is really nice....I like everything about it. Is that a wrap above and below the grip in the fade area or is that painted????...Whatever it is I really like it!!! Great job Darcy

Jon
thanks Jon,
Sorry I didn't answer you sooner, been having some computer trouble, might have to use primitive computer tech skills on it soon (picture a crazy sawed off canadian with a large rock and malicious grin >:D)
I used laminated leather to fill in the grip on the back and tapered it to blend into the limbs about 2 inches either side of the handle. Then wool yarn (this is multi colored sock yarn) wraped the approximately 8 inches to cover the leather, then elk leather with a rolled top and bottom over that for the grip.
Glad to see you shooting it well Cam :) I guess I didn't teach it any bad manners shooting it right handed ;D
Darcy
Darcy Ellis
Fort Fraser BC Canada eh!

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2011, 01:19:14 pm »
Sweet tiller on that one...you got a good 'un there.
I'm not jealous :'( >:(
Del ;D
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.