Author Topic: Skinned my trade bow today  (Read 6199 times)

Offline osage outlaw

Re: Skinned my trade bow today
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2011, 09:06:30 pm »
Got it trimmed, sanded, and the first coat of tru-oil on it.  The skins already have a little shine to them.  This is the first time I have used rattlesnakes and I love the way they look.  The skins didn't have the black and white tips, so I stopped them right below the string grooves and painted them on the pin nocks.  This is the nicest looking bow I have made.  It's going to be hard to ship this one out.  I hope the new owner enjoys it.

I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2011, 09:16:01 pm »
Looks good Clint. If the new owner doesnt like it he can ship it off to me and I PROMISE I will like it!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Stringman

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2011, 11:51:29 am »
Love this bow! I'm a huge fan of the snake skin look (perfect camo!) Sure would like to see some braced and full draw pics  ;D But, if you're waiting till I get it and wantin me to take the pics I'd be glad to.  ;)

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2011, 06:30:07 pm »
I'm going to wait for the new owner to post pics of all of it.  If you go to the Tennessee Classic picture thread on the primitive shoots and events page you can see it in action on the first page.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline stickbender

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2011, 07:03:00 pm »

Beautiful!  I was going to tell you not to bother sending it out to someone whom you were not sure would like it, when I could assure you that I would like it !  And I would hug it, and love it, and call it George.  George Tejas.  ;D
     Yeah, I bet you were a bit surprised when the saw dust all ignited at once.  That is what causes the huge explosions at grain elevators.  A spark, of any source, can ignite the dust of the grain, and you have one hell of an explosion! :o  When I was Kid and I worked at a Publix Super Market, they had an ex........crap brain fart, I can't remember what it was called.  /anyway, it was a burn room, and it had a vertical metal sliding door.  We would take boxes and stuff and toss it in there, and then I explained to some of the other kids, that flour will explode it it is tossed in the air, and there is a spark, or flame, so we would take some of the flour bags, that had torn, and some that uh.....would be torn, and dump half of it in a small box, and one guy would open the door to the furnace, and I would toss the flour in and the guy would let go of the door, and there would be a big boom, and the door would look like it wanted to come off the wall.  We would take turns doing this, so we could each go out side, and watch the huge ball of fire that came out of the smoke stack!  The military uses this same principle in the fuel air bombs.  The bomb drops, and at a certain height, it explodes, and forces out highly flamable fuel, in a huge atomized cloud, and there is an igniter in the middle of it, and it ignites, and the explosion is huge, and quite devastating, and it takes less explosives, and weighs less than conventional bombs, and will cover a huge area. :o  It is a wonder we" didn't", blow the door off of the furnace!  ;D

Offline Keenan

« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2011, 02:11:55 am »
Outlaw that came out sweet. Someone is going to be a happy camper with that bow. Great work. Good getting to know you at the Clasiic.

Offline Blacktail

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2011, 02:53:26 am »
i dont know what the heck it is about snake skin but man it makes the uglyest bow look hot..great work..john

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2011, 08:33:30 am »
Very nice skin job,looks great. Sweet. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2017, 12:00:42 am »
Clint pretty cool 😎
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2017, 08:44:41 am »
Looks great Clint.Nice work on the skins.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Online Selfbowman

« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2017, 08:53:27 am »
Well done Clint. I like it. Arvin
Well I'll say!!  Osage is king!!

Offline hunterbob

« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2017, 08:58:30 am »
Someone is going to be mighty happy receiving this bow. Looks nice can't wait to see more pics.

Offline Aaron H

« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2017, 09:40:02 am »
I would hope someone would have received this bow by now, 6 years later...

Offline DuBois

« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2017, 09:51:09 am »
That's a beauty! Cool history too.

Stringman

« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2017, 01:29:52 pm »
You drug an old one up Cip! :laugh: