Author Topic: trade bow Tillered! (pics added)  (Read 1974 times)

Offline LEGIONNAIRE

trade bow Tillered! (pics added)
« on: May 09, 2011, 10:56:54 pm »
So I finished tillering the bow I will be sending of in a few weeks. I remeber when the trade started, I immedeately knew what bow style I was going to make. I had been meddling with the Idea of a sudbury bow like the one in the trad bowyers bible book vol 2 or tree the one in the cover. I was going to do hickory but though a stave bow would be more appropriate so I did black locust. The locust was just cut about 6 months ago so I reduced the stave to dimensions and left it drying. it was a bit thick and today as I finished it I sensed that it was still a little wet, probably around 13-15% moisture, luckily it had like 3 inches of reflex when I began so it didnt get any follow. I tillered the bow and its about 68lbs @ 28 inches. After finishing the bow I got my arrows and shot em at a lemon I stuck on a stick. On my 4th shot I see the arrow go right through the lemon. All in all im happy with the way it turned out, now it just needs final sanding and finishing. i hope the recipient will like it as much. Will post some tease pics tommorow :)  Updated Here are a few teaser pics. I still have to do final sanding and finishing.

The more I shoot this one the more I fall in love with it. So simple but a very effective weapong. I wish I could send those arrows too they shoot great from this one for some reason.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 03:51:20 pm by LEGIONNAIRE »
CESAR

LEGIONNAIRE ARCHERY

Offline juniper junkie

Re: trade bow Tillered!
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 11:11:38 pm »
oh, sure, keep us in suspense ;D

Offline LEGIONNAIRE

Re: trade bow Tillered! (pics added)
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 03:52:04 pm »
added pics
CESAR

LEGIONNAIRE ARCHERY

Offline bubby

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 04:56:22 pm »
looking good, and you can send anything ya want with the bow,  bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline LEGIONNAIRE

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2011, 11:51:26 pm »
Thanks for the comment bubby, the thing is theyre my personal arrows lol and the only ones I have for ma bow a the moment.
CESAR

LEGIONNAIRE ARCHERY