Author Topic: Celebrating America's greatness in Texas  (Read 2887 times)

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
Celebrating America's greatness in Texas
« on: May 02, 2011, 07:10:30 pm »
It was a good day to send students home with student created American flags 8) 8)
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Cacatch

Re: Celebrating America's greatness in Texas
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 07:30:30 pm »
Somebody pass the kleenexes.  :'(   

Thanks for sharing  :)

CP

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 07:31:46 pm »
Good job Mr. C.  I like it!
St Paul, TX

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2011, 07:33:49 pm »
AMEN.........
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline sailordad

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2011, 08:20:50 pm »
very cool  8) 8)

about time they start doing stuff like that agian in public school
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline skyarrow

• Sterling Lynch Victoria, TX (361)935-1715 text me
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2011, 09:21:43 pm »
Sweet well done
"We don't have mistakes here, we just have happy accidents" Bob Ross RIP 1995

Offline ErictheViking

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2011, 09:33:33 pm »
very cool  8) 8)

about time they start doing stuff like that agian in public school
it's Texas, when they stop doing it, that is when you know it's over!  Good job criveraville :)
"He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart"  C.S. Lewis

Offline criveraville

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2011, 01:22:33 am »
Thanks guys!!! It's my duty I feel, to teach our students about the greatness of our country as well as significant current events..

ErictheViking-- buddy I like what you said  ;D And you are right. We are proud of our country, our state, and our service men and women.
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline NTD

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2011, 02:02:34 pm »
Thanks guys!!! It's my duty I feel, to teach our students about the greatness of our country as well as significant current events..

ErictheViking-- buddy I like what you said  ;D And you are right. We are proud of our country, our state, and our service men and women.

Criver, I have a ton of respect for you!  It's not often you see National Pride and Patriotism taught or encouraged in public schools, You have my gratitude for passing it on to the younger generation. 
Nate Danforth

Offline ricktrojanowski

• Worlds Greatest Deer Repellent
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2011, 11:26:10 pm »
I love it.   ;D  Great job,  We need more teachers like you.
Traverse City, MI

Offline aero86

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2011, 02:13:08 am »
i love it!!

ive a question, did any other state have a saying to their state flag?  after the pledge to the US flag?  i remember saying it every morning when i was in school here in texas.. honor the texas flag..  um, there is more, cant remember at the moment!
profsaffel  "clogs like the devil" I always figured Lucifer to be more of a disco kind of guy.

Offline criveraville

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2011, 02:54:09 am »
NTD, Ricktojanowski and aero86 thank you for the kind words. My students really loved making their flags and going home and putting them up in there homes and rooms. I can't help bit smile at the pic myself. Those colors just bring a smile to my face..

aero86, here's a bit of info on the pledge:

Here is the state pledge.. It has been ammended and changed a few times with the last change being in 2007. 

"Honor the Texas flag; I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, one state under God, one and indivisible."

Representative Riddle replied, "The purpose of this bill is very simple. It is to simply have our state pledge mirror if you will, reflect our national pledge. Our national pledge says, 'one nation under God.' I think it is altogether right and appropriate for our state pledge to say 'one state under God.'"

House Bill No. 1034 was passed by the Texas House of representatives on May 4, 2007.

That took over three months to pass in the House, took only a little more than three weeks to pass through the Senate.

Governor Rick Perry signed the legislation on June 16, 2007.

I do believe it is the only state with it's own pledge and we do pledge to the US flag, then the Texas flag every morning and then we have a moment of silence.