Author Topic: simple but elegant  (Read 22974 times)

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

Re: simple but elegant
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2007, 02:06:38 am »
 :D :D :D :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D.been called lots of" thangs " before but never a bread ! ::) uh........Who was Freud ?..........bob (non) ;)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2007, 02:10:47 am by Kowechobe »

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2007, 12:21:07 pm »
That's way cool, Pat. I was gonna guess fabric fom a leopard-print Freudian slip (  :) ), but then we all know that you have your methods for obtaining used feline parts.  ;D
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline OldBow

• I'm just an old retired biology teacher.
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2007, 12:55:34 pm »
This thread is so funny, I spilled my coffee :P
When you're retired, every day is Saturday

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2007, 01:44:23 pm »

My wife always tells me I should listen to her more because she's always right...and occasionally she is, but not "always"! ;D
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2007, 03:24:03 pm »
Here is the stuff I used for this bow. The package cost about $6  and there are 5 sheets(24"x30")of each pattern in a package. Probably any large art and craft supply store would have these. My wife said that this stuff with the animal pattern is heavier(relative to other tissue paper) than most. I would think some even a bit heavier than this would be better. It probably wouldn't be as susceptible to tearing while working with it.  It would be easier, and come out better with 2 folks working together with it. I have a Cherokee style osage I've made to donate to a local archery club to be raffled off. I think I will use the tiger striped paper. That ought to look good on a side nock bendy handle bow. ;D
   Well, here it is...          ...Pat

[attachment deleted by admin]
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2007, 03:38:40 pm »

My wife always tells me I should listen to her more because she's always right...and occasionally she is, but not "always"! ;D
She is right about as often as she agrees with you right Greg.  In fact that is exactly when she is right.  ::) :-X Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline mamba

« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2007, 06:50:22 pm »
Neat idea Pat and nice looking bow. I READ somewhere that no kittys or chickens were safe in the Carolinas and this adds to the proof   ;D
Ray/NY

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2007, 12:08:39 am »
That's funny - whatever material's available works.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline jpitts

« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2007, 12:17:52 am »
LOL's...way to go Pat.....I love it.  Oh BTW.....just remember...If MOMMA ain't happy, ain't NOBODY happy....
Jimmy / Dallas, Georgia

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2007, 12:44:32 am »
Did you hear that, Non?  :o   ;D  ;D  :P
You shouldn't grow a wishbone where your backbone should be.

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2007, 12:57:30 am »
...... Gee, I thought this was about "wife right" not "wife happy ?" Btw I didnt know this was a campaign, hmm....military term ! ;) :P ;D ;D ;D......non (bob)

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2007, 01:09:21 am »
 :P
You shouldn't grow a wishbone where your backbone should be.

Rich Saffold

« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2007, 02:41:12 am »
My wife just told me that this is a very creative idea, and to try some on one of my bows ;D

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2007, 10:42:01 am »
On this bow I used watered down Elmer's white glue to put the tissue down on the bow. Yesterday I tried to put another print down on a bow but used TBIII undiluted. DON"T DO IT! This the glue first before applying the tissue. Because the tissue is so thin  and the glue thick it was hard to get an even application. I ended up removing it all but will try again.
   I did size the back of this bow with a thin coat of TBIII to seal the wood from the moisture that would be taken up from the glue and backing material. I guess that doesn't sound logical but who ever said I was logical. ::)  After all, it is Sunday morning.    Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2007, 10:50:56 am »
Don't let Pat fool you, that's actually a cut-up pair of his weekend going-to-the-nightclub drawers  :o
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.