Author Topic: Guess what I've been doing...  (Read 2287 times)

HatchA

Guess what I've been doing...
« on: April 21, 2011, 06:39:00 pm »

:D :D

Offline cracker

Re: Guess what I've been doing...
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 06:43:03 pm »
Rubbin yer wood.
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 07:04:35 pm »
Did you fall in a patch of dandelions? ;D
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

HatchA

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011, 07:13:52 pm »
Rubbin yer wood.

We have a winner!!!!!   hehehe

Small osage bow blank from Gary Davis that I'm finishing for my daughter.  Been working on it (off and on) for the past couple of months but this evening I sat out in the sun and worked on it, managing to get the tiller finished and rubbed the whole thing down with 240 grit.

I've got 2 more blanks to finish up but I'll put them on the long(er) finger while I hopefully complete this first one - then tune in some arrows with my daughter's help.

I've got so much gear to work on but over the past year or so, I've not really been "in the right frame of mind" to do it all.  Actually - to do ANY of it :(     I'll get there one day...

Offline Lee Slikkers

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2011, 07:36:04 pm »
Hey Hatch, don't sweat the process...I have found that over time my spirit will push, pull and wain on things like this and learning to "listen" to that voice has taught me a few things about myself.  I personally find that trying to push the things I "should" be having fun doing is the wrong angle to come at it so now I simply wait until I get inspired and mentally motivated to create...when that occurs great things seem to happen.  I now tend to think of it as more of a tide that ebbs and flows.  looking forward to seeing the pics of your daughter's bow.

~ Lee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
— Aldo Leopold

HatchA

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2011, 07:51:30 pm »
Thanks Lee, I appreciate your comments.  The one thing I'm "happy" about is the knowledge to NOT try do something if I'm not focused on doing it - I know from experience that mistakes can (and WILL) happen - usually with irreversible consequences.

I think maybe the sun is playing a part in dragging me out of my stupor.   Warmest day of the year so far in Ireland, today.  S'posed to be good all week too, so y'never know...  watch this space ;)

Offline Lee Slikkers

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2011, 08:33:50 pm »
Sun in Ireland???  Seriously?   O:)

~ Lee

"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
— Aldo Leopold

HatchA

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2011, 09:57:27 am »
Sun in Ireland???  Seriously?   O:)

'sbeen known to happen ;)

Offline Sparrow

• Who shot cock robin ? I said the sparrow.
    • Dream Fish Charters
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2011, 02:32:41 pm »
Can't go wrong with a piece of fine wood to work on. I have just been making handles for kitchen utensil's out of woods I have pruned out of trees here on the place.Plum,maple,pear,apple,walnut. Very satisfying to have them under hand. Pretty too.  '  Frank
Frank (The Sparrow) Pataha, Washington

HatchA

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2011, 06:11:37 pm »
Sounds good, Sparrow - any chance you could post some pic's when done?

I plan on turning the back garden into an arborial wilderness, to grow wild and free for many years...  before I need to cut some of the thick, straight, branchless trees down for "tree-doctor" reasons...  *cough cough*  ;)

Planning to get a load of fruit trees (mainly apples) and some nice types for "viewing pleasure".  The wife said we could set a little pathway around the garden, through the trees.

I said that'd be brilliant!!  And I could set out a few 3D targets to shoot at as I/we walked... ;)

...she didn't buy it...  :-\