Author Topic: Made my first arrows  (Read 5041 times)

Offline ohma2

Re: Made my first arrows
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2011, 10:10:42 pm »
you did a good job on those.

Offline ricktrojanowski

• Worlds Greatest Deer Repellent
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2011, 09:22:28 pm »
Nice job, those are some fine arrows.  Cool that you found that boo at Lowes. 
Traverse City, MI

HatchA

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2011, 07:15:42 pm »
very nice  i wish i could  learn to cut the  knocks that straight. ;D

That's the first thing I thought of when I saw them!!

Outlaw...   you've got some seriously long/deep nocks on those!  From the grouping it doesn't seem to affect the flight any but I have to ask if there's any chance they could be affect?  Perhaps some snagging on the string?

those are beauties. sweet job with the homemade feather burner. I bought some bamboo from lowes. how did you get the horrible green dye off of them?

I bought the ones that weren't dyed green. 

...here's your sign...   :D

Offline ErictheViking

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2011, 10:01:45 pm »
Ha Ha Hatch, ya I attribute that lack of thinking to my Irish ancestry. :D
"He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart"  C.S. Lewis

Offline Denham Archer

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2011, 11:02:09 pm »
Good job!  Wish I could get my arrows lookin' that good.

Offline Jtilley

• WV country boy missing the hills.............
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2011, 06:11:48 pm »
excellent work! How do the duplex nail heads work for you? I've been thinking about trying some ( always used empty casings on my stump busters, but they don't work so hot on a target)
Some is Good , More is Better, Too much is Just Right....
John

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2011, 11:27:31 pm »
I really like them so far.  I have been shooting them into my Block target with no problems.  I like the heavy weight up front on the arrow.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline stickbender

« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2011, 03:07:31 am »

Hot Dang, boy, those are saweeet! :o  Excellent job! 8)  Forget the duplex heads, and put hunting heads on them, and bring some meat home! ;) ;D

:o Just had a flash of genius, which is usually what it turns out to be, "a flash" ::), but anyway, I have some square Plexiglas, and got to thinking about turning some down into bullet style points.  I could wrap the fore shaft in nylon, or rayon string, and coat it with super glue.  I would think it would hold up great for foam, and hay bale type targets. ;)you could put a section of nail in the shaft, for weight.  In fact you could even get the proper weight of a hunting head.  Just weigh out the nail section, and put a little glue on it, and put it in the shaft, and then insert your Plexiglas head, on top of the nail section.  Well, I "think" it would work.  I don't have a lathe, but I could use my drill, or drill press, but I am packing everything up, for my move to Montana.  It should turn a lot easier than bone, or antler. ;)
                                                                                       Wayne