Author Topic: My kids new osage self bow  (Read 10980 times)

Offline jignfrog

My kids new osage self bow
« on: June 06, 2007, 11:41:07 pm »
Every since the Tenn Classic my girl has been asking for me to build a bow like the funny man with the beard. Well I finally gave in and made it. It is 42 inchs long. My scale sucks so I am not sure what the poundage is but it shoots really good with a little string follow. It has horse hair on the one of the tips tied with artificial sinew. Leather wrapped handle.Thanks Pat for being a good role model for the kids. My string isn't as good as you make but I did the best I could. LOL  ;D

Ron

[attachment deleted by admin]
Bruner Missouri

Offline jignfrog

Re: My kids new osage self bow
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2007, 11:42:03 pm »
I hate computers. I will try to post a few bigger pictures later. Sorry

Ron
Bruner Missouri

Offline jignfrog

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2007, 11:51:31 pm »
Maybe these will be better?

Ron

Bruner Missouri

Offline jignfrog

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2007, 11:56:35 pm »
One more picture.

Ron

Bruner Missouri

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2007, 12:03:19 am »
Thats a great lookin little bow - bends the same all the way. Cute little girl you have there, I like the pic where she's aiming ;D - makes me chuckle thinking about my girls when I get their's built. Thanks for posting.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2007, 12:44:41 am »
Good job jig. Looks like a great hunting buddy to me.  Be carefull though. I made one for my daughter and she outshoots me.  Might be a little overweight. It looks like she is having a hard time getting it back to anchor.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline jignfrog

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2007, 01:08:36 am »
Thanks Cowboy. She keeps me going. I am just enjoying it while she still likes me before boys come into the picture. I have to practice everynight to stay better than her. She is a trooper.

Justin

It might be a little over weight but she was complaining that the arrows didn't stick in the target at 15 yards. She is a stout girl she will grow into it. Besides she was holding it a long time while I was getting the picture taken. She is a good hunting buddy. She loves to lose arrows at squirrels and what ever else she can get to stand still long enough to shoot at. LOL

Ron
Bruner Missouri

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2007, 01:41:28 am »
Cool bow Ron. Is that a side nock on the top limb? I've just completed another simple bendy handle bow with side nocks. These simple bows amaze me. They shoot so well.  Your daughter looks like she's holding her own. Glad to see ya'll enjoying each other. These are times she will remember for a long time. ;) ...and so will you! ;D     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline ber643

• Bernie Dunn's Home Page
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2007, 07:35:41 am »
Love it, Ron. I will whisk the Full Draws off to my Traditional Bows Drawn pages (if you don't mind) And I agree that Pat is a good role model. I will post them shortly on bottom of Page 12. Check it out and see what good company Autum is in with her bow. Ya done good!

http://residents.bowhunting.net/bsdunn/tbd12.htm
"Hunters Are People Too" (My website Premise)
Bernie Dunn
Coastal NC

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2007, 07:52:30 am »
like the funny man with the beard
;D ;D ;D

Fine looking bow, and a fine looking young'un. That's what it's all about.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline DanaM

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2007, 10:41:54 am »
Nice bow, the look on her face says it all. Dad's her hero.
Yer right about the boy thing enjoy while you can.
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2007, 01:25:33 pm »
Very cool. My kids love to shoot, and keep hounding me about a new bow. I have one done and I cant keep it out of my sons hands. My daughter ask me everyday when hers will be done. I got it close yesterday. Had a terrible time getting one growth ring. But anyways THAT IS A NICE BOW !! Congrats. nice finish work love to get some specs from ya.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2007, 02:15:52 pm »

Great job on the bow, and you couldn't ask for a cuter huntin' buddy. ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline OldBow

• I'm just an old retired biology teacher.
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2007, 08:30:08 pm »
Very nice bow. Did your daughter get to yank on Pat's Beard? Both would never forget it.
Got this neat bow bookmarked for June Self Bow of the Month and for Kids Bows - an article for PA in autumn.
When you're retired, every day is Saturday

Offline jignfrog

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2007, 09:11:45 pm »
Thanks Oldbow. That is great to have a chance to see her in the PA. I would bye a dozen of them instead of one. LOL

Nugget The specs are 1/2 thick x 7-8 inch wide at the handle, 3/8 inch thick x 3/4 inch wide at mid limb and 1/4 inch thick x 5/8 inch wide at the tips. It pulls 16 lbs @ 13 inchs. She handles it pretty good I think. Hope this helps

Ber643 that is fine with me. I look forward to looking at them. Thanks

Pat that has side nocks similiar to yours except it is wrapped with artificial sinew to keep her horse hair on there. She really likes this bow a lot. She might try to pull your beard next time we meet thanks to old bow. She giggled when I read it to her.  ;)

Thanks everyone for the compliments

Ron
Bruner Missouri