Author Topic: new bow maker.  (Read 23561 times)

Offline Gordon

Re: new bow maker.
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2007, 02:51:59 am »
Those look really nice. Tiller looks right on.
Gordon

Offline medicinewheel

« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2007, 04:29:43 am »
..........So I took the step and I love making my own bows . now I want to do everything as primitive as possible.I try to hand make as much of the bow as possible. I still cheat a little with a band saw . .............

a bandsaw is not primitive??????  ??? ??? ??? ???

hey man, cool bow!!

frank
Frank from Germany...

Offline OldBow

• I'm just an old retired biology teacher.
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2007, 12:05:50 pm »
I also saved your thread under Kids Bows for an autumn PA article.   Cute Kid!
When you're retired, every day is Saturday

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2007, 01:57:17 pm »
THanks for the thoughts on putting my bows in the magazine . that would be  awesome to have my work in print.Yes I know a bandsaw isn't primitive MedicineWheel , But I said I cheated.....  Sorry  :-[ :-[ :-[   
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline medicinewheel

« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2007, 08:31:26 pm »

hey, that was A joke!!!
Frank from Germany...

Offline nugget

« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2007, 12:01:05 am »
Just a little nervous. Still tryin to be as low electric as possible. PRIMITIVE!!! Before long I want to be shooting all primitive equipment. No modern stuff at all. Even glue and points. Natural EVERYTHING !!!
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline nugget

« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2007, 10:49:49 am »
Well I just got done with my daughters little OsaGe bow. It was a little different than others I have made. The bottom limb already had bend in it. I left it a little thick there.Anywaystake a look and enjoy ;) ;)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline nugget

« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2007, 10:54:30 am »
It is 18# @ 20"  51" nock to nock. about an inch wide down to 1/2 tips. The growth ring chase went badly. Tight ringed and i was chasin all of them it seemed like.It aint got alot of character but it was new to me. I like it!! Most important my little girl likes it. Will update pics after fully finished

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2007, 11:01:58 am »
Looks great Nugget. I bet your daughter will love it. Can't wait to see the finished bow with other pics.   Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline nugget

« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2007, 08:49:16 pm »
Here is my daughters bow, and my new osage .Mine looks like it needs a little work on the top limb.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2007, 09:10:37 pm »
Man looks like you've been busy - with the bows of course :D. The kids look like they enjoy shooting them (don't know any kid that wouldn't). I gave my best friend's son the first Ash bow I made, and have been having a heck of a time teaching him to throw that elbow up and back like your daughter's doing there.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2007, 09:38:43 pm »
Looks like they are having fun to me.  Great family activity isn't it.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline nugget

« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2007, 11:55:23 pm »
My daughter comes by it natural I guess.She has very good form. Always has.I taught her the basics on shooting and the rest she got INSTINCTIVE. She actually shoots dern good!! My boy tries to muscle it too much.He will do fine though. Thanks for the compliment.... Y'all have a wonderfull day

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2007, 07:13:04 am »
Very nice bows Nugget,you have turned into a bow building machine,keep up the good work.If this is some of your first I am very impressed. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline nugget

« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2007, 11:46:25 am »
Yes the girls bow is myfifth bow I have made.I just started building this year.I fell head over heels for it. Can't stop,Won't stop!!