Author Topic: new bow maker.  (Read 23560 times)

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
new bow maker.
« on: June 05, 2007, 09:48:09 pm »
Hello to all I am a new member here and new bowyer. I have been shooting traditional equipment for several years and was tired of shooting someone else's stuff. So I took the step and I love making my own bows . now I want to do everything as primitive as possible.I try to hand make as much of the bow as possible. I still cheat a little with a band saw . SORRY But now to the meat of this story. Here for your approval is my latest creation. A black locust bow. 70" 60# @ 28"
The stain was a mistake but it turned out pretty cool I think. I have shot it a bunch and it is sweet!

[attachment deleted by admin]
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline nugget

Re: new bow maker.
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2007, 09:49:43 pm »
Here is another view of the bow. Thanks in advance for all opinions. NUGGET

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline boo

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007, 10:00:40 pm »
hey nugget did youget that snake skin taken care of? bow looks great . boo
Boo

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2007, 10:06:55 pm »
Looks pretty good.  How about a full draw picture so we can see the tiller.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2007, 10:07:35 pm »
Nugget, Wellll;;;  looks like you got the dasease now too.Go spread it some more.You made a great looking bow,and the stain looks great.How about some full draw pictures.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline nugget

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2007, 10:13:26 pm »
Yes I got the snake skin drying Boo.

Offline nugget

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2007, 10:14:59 pm »
Thanks guys I will get the full draw pics out tomorrow. It is a little dark now . My camera sucks indoors. Will get them outside tomorrow. Thanks again

Offline 1/2primitive

• Bible believing Christian
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2007, 10:16:11 pm »
Wanna see some more! ;D Great looking bow there. Good job.
      Sean
Dallas/Fort Worth Tx.

Offline nugget

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2007, 10:24:51 pm »
Here is a kids bow i made out of a scrap piece of osage. 20# @ 18"

Offline venisonburger

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2007, 11:24:28 pm »
Nice looking bow there.
VB

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2007, 12:00:35 am »
If you can make a successful bow with black locust , you are a true bowyer in my opinion. ;)
I can't!..well almost can't.   Nice looking bows. Now that we know you are out there we expect lots more bows from you. ;D   Welcome Nugget. Any friend of Boo is a friend of ours.    Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline nugget

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2007, 12:27:14 am »
thanks pat appreciate it alot.much more wood in my future

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2007, 01:07:45 am »
Good lookin bows! I'm with ya on the stain :)
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Jbell

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2007, 09:13:16 am »
Very nice indeed nugget. Is that your first selfbow? My first shootable(sort of!) selfbow was BL, ,made meat with it too. Congratulations and welcome to the primitive side.
Justin Blunt

Offline 1/2primitive

• Bible believing Christian
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2007, 10:09:35 am »
Very nice bows.     could we see full draw?  the first one especially looks like it has very nice, smooth tiller.
        Sean
Dallas/Fort Worth Tx.