Author Topic: bandsaw query??  (Read 5088 times)

Offline blades7558

Re: bandsaw query??
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2011, 04:45:06 pm »
I have a 9 inch bandsaw with 1/3 hp motor and I cut a piece of hickory 72 inches long for backing. It worked well but it protested the whole way through. The guide bearing on the back was unbelievably hot but it worked :) my bandsaw is my dads that he hardly uses. I figure if I break it ill buy a nice 14 incher for him... well.... me...    :)
build em...break em...sigh....build em....

Offline Lee Slikkers

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2011, 08:12:13 pm »
There are some small mountain lakes here that tend to collect fog in the early mornings.  Cruising softly across them in the canoe with a 5 weight flyrod flossing for trout is kinda sweet, too. 

OK Mr. Halverson...all this talk about foggy mountain fly-fishing is more than a guy can handle.  It's enough to almost make a guy pack up his family and head West  ;D

~ Lee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
— Aldo Leopold

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2011, 12:04:35 am »
Get packin' Mr Slikkers....we'll have a foggy mountain fly fishin' and falconry fest!  Wear yer flip-flops.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Lee Slikkers

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2011, 09:28:12 pm »
Get packin' Mr Slikkers....we'll have a foggy mountain fly fishin' and falconry fest!  Wear yer flip-flops.

Gonna have to look for the flip-flops...still had snow falling here last night  ::)

~ Lee

"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
— Aldo Leopold