Author Topic: Splicing  (Read 6508 times)

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
Re: Splicing
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2011, 02:05:30 pm »
I have never had turlte.... I have heard that it is good, but never had it before... I would like a shell of an aligator snapping whatever shell for my classroom..  :o
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2011, 03:32:00 pm »
Turtle can be really good, or pretty bad.  Snappers are fascinating though, the neck meat looks like chicken and cooks up like poultry white meat.  The 4 legs look like red meat both raw and cooked.  Can't remember what the tail meat was like.  We always caught them in muddy rivers and the secret to them eating well seemed to be that they needed time in fresh, clean water before they were killed and cleaned.  We'd toss them in a stock tank and let them clean out for a few days and then clean them.  However, the cleaning is so messy that I won't do it anymore.  I used to have a snapper shell off about a 15lb turtle, but Mary didn't want it in the house so I got rid of it.  In her defense, it stunk.  Largest turtle I ever saw was not quite 30lbs, but we turned it loose.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2011, 01:25:11 am »
This splice job is almost done.  Tonight was heat bending night so the twists are gone.  Also pinned the splice joint.  I'm afraid I need to take out some reflex.  Both limbs had a lot of natural reflex.  I took some out of the far limb, which is the billet add-on.  However, now I'm wishing I'd taken some reflex out of the near limb when I straightened it.  Bummer.

George

St Paul, TX

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2011, 03:16:41 am »
that looks like a bow ;D ;D ;D ;D
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2011, 09:49:04 am »
It will be, and soon. ;D ;D
St Paul, TX