Author Topic: reflexed rawhide backed osage longbow  (Read 8040 times)

Offline crooketarrow

Re: reflexed rawhide backed osage longbow
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2011, 12:40:55 pm »
  I like to tiller right down into the fads but not through to the handle to even out stress this helps to reduce set and string follow. Your tiller will never change and you end up with a nice forgiveing stable hunting bow likeI said never changes.I'm a hunter and and just like building hunting bows.
    I'm not trying to take anything away from your bow YOU'VE DID GOOD.  Your young but after a few years through trile and arror and lots of bows, different designs,different leanths,different woods you'll end up  building  bows the kinds of bows you like to build. What works best the way you see it. I did this you will to everyone dose.
    This is why every bowyer thinks he builds the best bows. That is if you get around to thinking your a bowyer. I like to build bows but like I said I'm a hunter not a bowyer. Been there none that it's not for me. Keep at it your well on your maybe comeing a bowyer if you wish to.

DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING

Offline IndianGuy

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2011, 11:21:07 pm »
Very nice craftsmanship!

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2011, 12:56:51 am »
Man thats a sweeeeet bow!!! Your kicking out some beautys! Well done once again!

Josh
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Josh Vance  Netarts OR. (Tillamook)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2011, 05:24:27 pm »
If it shoots, holds together and makes YOU happy then its a fine bow....
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.